Bionic?? Or Wait?? Please help!

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
Been waiting for the Droid Bionic; now that it's here, not sure if I should get it.....What are these rumors about Nexus Prime, and is this something I should possibly wait for? Currently using Thunderbolt so jumping to 4g is not an issue...I don't want to get the Bionic just because it's 4g and dual core, if there's a much better phone set to be released soon...Any information would be greatly appreciated...Thanks 2 community....

alboboy10

Reaction score
I'd wait until december.
Unless the prime or possible vigor blow you away

OP
CdzNutz

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
What's your reasoning? The same one I mentioned above. Or just a hunch?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Dude if you have TB just stick with it until better phones come out. How much better can a Bionic be over the TB. Both are 4G phones and have great speed. Bionic is dual core. That's the only advantage over TB. I think the hype is getting to you. I would take a cold shower and wait. Other option is buy it and play with it. If you don't see worth keeping it, return it with 14 days. My two cents.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
CdzNutz

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
Thanks! I don't need much prodding...I think you're right...Just got a bunch of gift cards for my (too old to announce) birthday...Chomping at the bit...Think I'll wait and see if this Nexus Prime comes to fruition..

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dude if you have TB just stick with it until better phones come out. How much better can a Bionic be over the TB. Both are 4G phones and have great speed. Bionic is dual core. That's the only advantage over TB. I think the hype is getting to you. I would take a cold shower and wait. Other option is buy it and play with it. If you don't see worth keeping it, return it with 14 days. My two cents.

I agree with this 100%. If you have the tb, definitely wait. Bionic, not worth it if you have a good one now.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I'll be honest I got tempted too. With all the hype all over the forums. But I did the comparison between both phones and decided to wait for the next coming phone.

alboboy10

Reaction score
What's your reasoning? The same one I mentioned above. Or just a hunch?

I have 3 upgrades to my disposal...I'm the only one that uses them in my house.

I have a thunderbolt now, would not consider wasting ONE of my upgrades for this phone.

If you already have a thunderbolt you're not even upgrading...aside from the dual core and battery, ye. But the thunderbolt has its advantages also.

I would not waste my upgrade if I was you because there's possibilities that the htc vigor is coming out, the prime, even motorola has something else. Plus now that google partnered with motorola their devices will become the best in the market, but with time.

Wait until october and see what happens with rumors about other phones.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

I have a thunderbolt now, would not consider wasting ONE of my upgrades for this phone.

If you already have a thunderbolt you're not even upgrading...aside from the dual core and battery, ye. But the thunderbolt has its advantages also.

I would not waste my upgrade if I was you because there's possibilities that the htc vigor is coming out, the prime, even motorola has something else. Plus now that google partnered with motorola their devices will become the best in the market, but with time.

Wow you have 3 upgrades. Lucky you. Care to donate one :p

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Wait for the prime. Like I've said before, the Bionic was outdated yesterday and it was only release day. Especially since you already have a Tbolt? Think about us D1 owners that are waiting it out and realize how fortunate you are.

Haha.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm personally waiting, the Bionic would've been the phone of all phones had it been released in Feb like it was supposed to.

Fall is just around the corner and that lineup of phones is coming and the thought of ICS as early as Oct, means I can definitely wait. I'm still more than happy with my Incredible.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

same boat, I have 2 upgrades at my disposal, but not about to waste one on a phone that should've been out about 7 months ago.

wait 2 or 3 more months and the selection of phones should be a bit better

DarrellM5

Reaction score
I'm hanging onto my D1 for awhile longer as well. The Bionic sounds really great, but I've been reading too much negative stuff about the screen. I will look at one in person this weekend though, but I doubt I'll take the plunge.

EFGantry

Reaction score
i have an OG, and i'm waiting on the Prime and Droid HD. i think the Bionic will be a good device, but i also think that it's a little behind the curve at this point. the phones coming out before the end of the year, while not significantly better in specs, do have better (imo) screens and will be more svelte. also, i'm not 100% sure on this, but i think that any phone that is single core (like your TB) will not be able to upgrade to ICS, which is coming in Oct/Nov.

check out this thread for all the rumors and info on upcoming devices: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-rumors/166443-new-phone-rumor-mill-3.html#post1725682

Nealius

Reaction score
Here is my twist on it. I was at my Vzw store when the Bionic was dropped off by Fedex. 2 of them. It was in my hand. Its an awesome looking phone. but with Christmas coming, at least 2 new phones coming in Oct/Nov. I decided to wait it out 1 more month. If the Bionic still holds my attention. I can get it then. I will also save a few bucks. As fast as new technology is rolling out. You can never get ahead of it, but taking a wait and see approach may just pay off.
Like I said the Bionic is a sweet phone, but my trusty D1 is still chugging along. I rather swim to the wall and wait this wave out