Bionic?? Or Wait?? Please help!

RockXP

Reaction score
All summer there was hype of Galaxy 2 Function to Verizon. Galaxy finally release the phone and Verizon doesn't pick it up. The Bionic is an OK phone, dual core blah blah but it looks like crap and its made my Motorola. FAIL

Snipe_AT

Reaction score
Well, I am getting it, dual core + 4g.
It's definitely an upgrade from a single core 3g phone.
The screen size is larger than my droid 2 also.
Yes, you can play the waiting game, but there
are constantly going to be changing situations, there's
ALWAYS going to be a newer phone around the corner.

Dive in with something that satisfies you, and this is my satisfaction.

OP
CdzNutz

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
Thanks everybody, I think I'll just wait it out....Like Alboboy, I've got a couple of upgrades at my disposal also, and the Thunderbolt's just fine for now...Hopefully a dual core with 1.5 processor comes out in Oct.......dancedroid

alboboy10

Reaction score
Thanks everybody, I think I'll just wait it out....Like Alboboy, I've got a couple of upgrades at my disposal also, and the Thunderbolt's just fine for now...Hopefully a dual core with 1.5 processor comes out in Oct.......dancedroid

I care more about the future 720p screens than the dual cores. My thunderbolts processor is an absolute beast overclocked at 1.4 I don't need more processing power. My battery is fine too I'm at 18.5 hours now with my display having been on for over 1 hour 45 minutes and I have 40% battery left. So for me its mostly about getting that nicer screen, the dual core is cool, plus its a polished version of sense which is the best thing in the market now for androids in my opinion. Idk the thunderbolt is an amazing phone Idk how anyone can say the opposite. It has a few glitches but I definitely think its the best phone for Verizon at the moment.

OP
CdzNutz

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
I agree Albo.....I like my TB way better than my Droid X. I think I was hoping to get better picture quality with the dual core processor when tethering to my laptop to watch football games..

alboboy10

Reaction score
I had the X too and I loved it. But when I picked this phone up it was a whole new world.

newparadigm

Reaction score
I went to VZ store today and played with the Bionic. Wasn't impressed.
I started thinking, I would just wait a bit longer, and if the "next big thing" overwhelms me, get that, or maybe at that point try to pick up a used T-bolt on the cheap.
(currently on Dinc for last 3 months after sad demise of my OG droid)

Last edited:

scrapser

Reaction score
I bought the Bionic because it's my first smartphone. My contract ran out over a year ago and I've been waiting for this model since Spring when I decided to finally take the plunge. All my previous phones have been Moto cell phones so this is totally new for me. Anyway, I would wait a few months since you seem to be leaning in that direction. You have something to contrast with as I don't. There will always be the next big thing coming out. When you feel like you've fallen into that trap, buy whatever seems best to you and put it behind you.