SGSII or Nexus 3?

michaelearth

Reaction score
So Im up for a upgrade currently and I own a Droid X so i have no problem waiting but rumor has that the Galaxy S II may come to Verizon in August and that is praised pretty well in the Android community. But on the other hand its also rumored (haha gotta love rumors) that the Nexus 3 (Prime) is going to be released on all major carriers around Christmas time with Ice Cream Sandwich and a dual core 1.5ghz processor.

So which device should i wait for? I know the SGSII rocks but updates may come slow and we know the Nexus III will get updates almost instantly but id have to wait much longer for it. So guys.... what are your opinions?

Thanks

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Tough call the SGSII is definately coming. But as no Nexus device has come to VZW so far i'm not sure I would give much credence to that rumor. But that's just personal opinion.

end of line...

EFGantry

Reaction score
agreed it's a tough call. if the GS2 doesn't come with LTE that will make the choice a little easier for me. personally, i'm holding out for more confirmation on the Prime. if it looks like it's coming to vzw before the end of the year, thats what i'm getting (personally, i give a little more credence to the vzw Prime rumors than jstaff). if not, then i'm down to the GS2 and Bionic. leaning more Bionic right now, but gonna wait to see the early user reviews of both.

either way, if you can hold out until Oct (when more word on the Prime is expected) you should have a lot more concrete info to make a decision.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sure alot of these threads lately...

I believe the GS2 is indeed coming, but I've been reading around different places and some say it's 4g and most say it's not.

As for the Nexus, i'm almost certain it's staying on T-mobiles network as it has the past two releases.