Bionic lapdock $299.97

spider210

Reaction score
**UPDATED** Bionic lapdock $199.97 AR

aefc2a59-3044-1d22.jpg
Motbiolapdk is the sku and it's $299.97

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

**UPDATE**

Dock is going to be $199.97 after $100 Mail-in Rebate if you chose data pk $50 or higher

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope that it being marked at $300 means that amazon (or someone else) will offer it for $150 or $100 after a month or so...

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope that it being marked at $300 means that amazon (or someone else) will offer it for $150 or $100 after a month or so...
I hope so too but I doubt even Amazon would mark something down that's this big anytime soon. $250 is the most I would ever pay for the lapdock. $300 is still too much. $199 would be perfect so I'll be scooping out eBay. I also wonder if the Bionic is compatible with the Atrix version....

dlo-htown

Reaction score
What exactly does the lapdock come with, besides a small (for laptop standards anyways) 11.6" screen? What kind of connectivity will it give me? USB? Ethernet? Does it come with a keyboard and touchpad like all other laptops have, or will I need to buy a keyboard and mouse for it too?

If I'm basically spending $300 on just midget laptop screen, I'm thinking it's not much bang for my buck.

Why does everything lately to do with smartphones feel like such a huge ripoff to me? Am I the only one the feels that way? :)

SANhacker

Reaction score
From Droid Life:

View attachment 39672 Click to enlarge

I can make out the keyboard and track pad.
I'm assuming it uses the Wi Fi from your phone but I haven't a clue about USB, Ethernet, etc.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, external USB support comes out with ICS.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I dunno, paying the same price for the lapdock as the phone seems ridiculous. Put the 2 together you can get a decent laptop.. what they should have done, is made a laptop thats Bionic compatible... I dunno ... mixed feelings..

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed, but supposedly similar devices on AT&T use the phones Wifi or if you pay for tethering you can use the phones Data connection (which I think is total BS).

Houdiniact

Reaction score
Yeah.... they are out of their F'ing minds. Sorry but I just bought a 13.3 inch laptop with a 10 hour battery life that is more powerfull and does A LOT MORE than this ripoff. LOL not a chance in hell i'm gonna buy this.

wseyller

Reaction score
Yeah with the Atrix I think you have to pay for tethering or use wifi. That would definitely be a no in that case, unless someone could find a way to free tether with it.

Actually what would be better is if somehow I could (maybe with the webtop adaptor) dual boot my normal laptop. Basically boot windows7 or my droid bionic. That would be a cool mod. If only my laptop screen had HDMI in.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have to agree with the majority, this is a "no point" device.

If you want a laptop, you'll buy a nicer one. If you want to hook your Bionic to your laptop, you still can.

The lapdock is some weird idea that we needed an entirely new $300 device designed, to do what a 5$ cord does already.

Maybe they think it will catch on in very large work places. Since phones have become such a staple of staying in touch with coworkers, they think it would be helpful to, nope... still don't get it.

Simply plug your pc into your phone, done.

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think charging for tethering to use a data connection on a lapdock really hurts the entire "additional fee" argument for tethering.

1. People would say it is crazy to pay the tethering fee to use their HDMI out capability.
2. People would say it is crazy to pay the tethering fee to use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
3. People would say it is crazy to pay the tethering fee to use the HDMI out and a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
4. HDMI Out/Keyboard/Mouse ~ Lapdock Functionality
5. Lapdock Functionality with data ~ Tethering to a laptop (kind of a stretch, but you get the point)

But hey, I guess they have to draw the line somewhere if they want to make extra money of people who don't know any better.