Motorola lapdock 100 is....

rdgxray

Reaction score
Was thinking of getting the lapdock but wondered how you played games like angry birds or where is my water without a touch screen? Does the mouse just automatically take the place of touch?

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
Yes, the mouse becomes your finger basically. Holding down the left mouse button acts like if you were holding down your finger on the screen.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

FrankieZee

Reaction score
How does the lapdock compare to the functionality of a tablet? I have thought about the Xoom or Xyboard, but I don't want to plunk that much cash down AND have another data package on top of it (especially since I'm on a family plan and really don't spend much on my phone anyway).

If I'm overall happy with my Bionic, and do not require much more in the way of functionality (outside of a larger screen and full keyboard), would it be safe to assume I would be better off with a lapdock over a tablet?

rdgxray

Reaction score
I just got the lapdock 500. Took a few tries to get the touchpad to work, but it did after plugging in the phone without touching it. Apparently it disables the touchpad if front of phone is being touched while plugging in/ starting lapdock up. My question is what does everyone use their 100/500 for? I played with it for a couple hours and honestly didn't see any real advantage to it. If you traveled and wanted to use your phone as a laptop for work it would be useful. Typing long emails or papers makes the keyboard handy. I tried playing angry birds on the big screen, it worked but is a pain to use touchpad as controller. I tried playing where is my water, but it is specifically designed for a touch screen and the touchpad makes it almost impossible to play. I could hook up a mouse to fix these problems, but like to sit in chair with just lapdock on lap. You don't seem to be able to sit the phone in the holder without it screwing up touchpad, so have to leave phone balanced on leg behind lapdock. What great things do others do with the lapdock that makes it worth using over just the plain phone? Trying to decide whether to keep or return in within 14 days. Thanks for any information!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
where did you find the 500...

~it's not just a phone~

rdgxray

Reaction score
Ordered it in Verizon store...got it 2 days later ...they had the 100 and bionic dock in store

amazzucca

Reaction score
Bionic Lapdoc

I bought the Bionic Lapdock from verizon for only $213. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well. I can't get it to move. I have tried. I don't know if there is a software issue. Is there software to download that I haven't found? This would be a great thing for me so I don't have to bring a laptop with me on trips but this is not so good so far.

rdgxray

Reaction score
I was thinking of returning the lapdock 500 but figured out the firefox browser can do more things than the phones browser can. I installed an ad remover on it and was able to post pictures to sites that won't recognize the phone. Finding more and more things that are useful about it. I will be keeping it. It works exactly as it is advertised to. Nice accessory.

amazzucca

Reaction score
Droid Laptop

I got a screen view and the mouse pointer appeared but wouldn't do anything when I right or left clicked it. I tried a mouse connected by USB and that didn't work either. I just tried it again, however and got it to work. I need to really play with it to find out all it can do. Is there a guide that is any help?

rdgxray

Reaction score
Supposedly there is a help file you can look at on lapdock that is really helpful...I have read about it in other posts...my touchpad didn't work at first...then I read not to touch front of phone when connecting or booting up lapdock or will disable touchpad...I hooked up phone carefully and didn't put it in holder on lapdock and touchpad worked right away. Using this technique, no problems since.