Bionic keeps crashing

kawipoo

Reaction score
I recently bought a Droid Bionic and it crashes once a day. It shows about 10 force closures from process.com.motorola.system.main to process.com.motorola.im to mention a few. When I power off it goes into a continuous reboot until I pull the battery out. It then works fine for about a day and then the same thing happens. Any suggestions or have other people had this issue?
Thanks!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Have you rooted and removed "bloat"?

You could try either factory reset or whatever they the sbf file.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Infiniti87

Reaction score
That just sounds like a bad phone to start with. Those aren't any of the current problems/complaints that I've heard of the Bionic having. I'd march straight back to Verizon and get a new one.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

bigmook

Reaction score
I have non of these problems on mine.? Might be something you have recently installed

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

gprichardson1

Reaction score
I have non of these problems on mine.? Might be something you have recently installed

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This is what happened to me. Mine was crashing/rebooted 1-3+ times a day. I was able to grab a system log and looked at it and saw an app I had installed called WallSwitch was causing the crash. I removed the app and I'm on day 3 without any crashes. It's too bad because I like WallSwitch and it worked great on my OG Droid. It just doesn't play nice with my Bionic.

So it might be worth looking at any apps you've installed recently (or since the crashes started happening).

-Gary

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This is what happened to me. Mine was crashing/rebooted 1-3+ times a day. I was able to grab a system log and looked at it and saw an app I had installed called WallSwitch was causing the crash. I removed the app and I'm on day 3 without any crashes. It's too bad because I like WallSwitch and it worked great on my OG Droid. It just doesn't play nice with my Bionic.

So it might be worth looking at any apps you've installed recently (or since the crashes started happening).

-Gary

If it is an app be sure to contact the Dev so they can fix it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

-Gary

That happened to me but with Firefox Beta. Soon after I got 2 random restarts which may have had to do with the Firefox Synch part. Uninstalled it and it seems to be working fine (knock on wood).

gprichardson1

Reaction score
How do you get into the sys log to see what's crashing?

I installed an app called "Android System Info". One of the tabs in the app is "Logs". After my phone crashed I used this app to save the log to a file. I then copied the file to my PC and opened it up in an editor and found the timestamps close to when my phone crashed and just started looking at the entries. That pointed me to the app that was causing my phone to crash.

If the Droid can be rooted there are probably simpler ways to get the log, but since I'm not rooted this was the best way I could find. In the end, it worked for me.

barry.holroyd

Reaction score
Where is system log?

Very cool. Where is this system log you checked?
(syslog???).

Thanks,
Barry

-Gary