What's new
DroidForums.net | Android Forum & News

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bionic is over talked about

Okay so I've read just about every bionic thread and droid3 thread. My choice D3 but really the bionic isn't mythical its has amazing features and probably solid build quality. But honestly who needs inductive charging 1gig RAM? 4g yeah pretty solid but those who have it, well as more people get the bionic less bandwidth for you. Witch means those high download/upload speeds with drop. Maybe not to 3g speeds but its not going to be all to grand. And 4.3in or 4.5 in screen what do you honestly plan on doing with a screen above 4.5in sure great image quality and what not but I don't want a brick being in my pocket. Cause 4g radios are still pretty thick if you ask me. Also as more 4g gets used more 3g for us waiting for a worthy upgrade to surpass the og. Locked/ unlocked bootloader yeah it will be great and all but motorola could be doing us all a favor and unlocking some of there phones soon so really the bionic is just another 4g phone to me. Sure its dual core 1gig ram inductive charging backplate and maybe large developer support is appealing but the droid 3 can match it hand for hand it build quality and overall power connection no charging feauture yeah maybe ram I don't need 1gig UI both are coming with BLUR so I can't seem to see what the major hype is over it please elaborate cause I'm looking for a new phone soon
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
 
D3 is a bit behind the Bionic's theoretical specs. 4G LTE is a huge increase in speed.

Dual core CPU and 1gig memory is actually very important for future usage. Larger screen is obviously a bonus, although some people don't feel it's necessary, it's still important to have a larger screen available.

I think the things you'd like most is it has an amazing spell checker and automatic paragraph creator.
 
Its going to be the first 4G LTE/Dual CORE phone, in America, so thats most of the hype.
It is a bit overhyped though.

And I too would rather the D3, but I guess some people NEED 4G.
 
I went to the Verizon store the other day to test the 4G speeds. I installed Speedtest on my Droid, and it was already installed on the phones there and I ran a test. On my Droid (@Store), I got about 1.86Mbps D/L, and .85 U/L. I tested the Thunderbolt, and it got about 20Mbps D/L, and something like 5Mbps U/L. That's around 10x faster download speeds, and 5x faster upload speeds. Even if it's choked up a bit by everyone getting a new 4G LTE phone, it'll still be a bit better than my 3G speeds. But I'm not worried about it getting choked up, because the further we go along, the more 4G towers Verizon is going to put up, and the better the service.

That being said, I have to agree that the Bionic is a bit over hyped. The specs are very comparable to it's sister, the Moto Atrix, which came out in February. Looking at everything individually, you might not these things to be impressive. But if you look at that market, you won't find too many phones sporting all of these features. So, it's a little dated, but as mentioned above, it combines everything into one package, and that's probably where most of the hype comes from.
 
Yeah maybe for new OS flavors but D3 with last on par with the bionic I'm sure sure it will get ice cream sandwitch same as the bionic and yeah its good to have first and what not but imagine the price tag on the phone. Pretty high I bet and look at the D3 owners as of now are you guys sad wishing for more of anything on that phone. Keyboard is vastly improved good screen to me sure its pixilated but so is my 1080p LCD tv its alaways going to be there especially on phones. What does the D3 not have that the bionic does and feautures the dev community and we can help and share tips/hacks for. For a accurate comparison (to me) look at the atrix at&ts bionic I played with one and compared to my droid its not hanging to high above it I saw more redraws and lag on it then my droid. Now how does 800megs of ram on a dualcore phone lose in overall speed and fuctionality to my 256megs or ram droid 1 kinda makes me think that this hole bionic and its impressive speed kinda is deterring us from how well it will perform blur plus battery eating 4g radio plus large screen and so on is kinda pointless. I love the thought of the bionic would love to have it but it just seems to overwhelmed for use right now look at the flaw with all the 4g phones right now

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
 
D3 is a bit behind the Bionic's theoretical specs. 4G LTE is a huge increase in speed.

Dual core CPU and 1gig memory is actually very important for future usage. Larger screen is obviously a bonus, although some people don't feel it's necessary, it's still important to have a larger screen available.

I think the things you'd like most is it has an amazing spell checker and automatic paragraph creator.

After using 4g, and while it is REALLY fast for a person to have, but, meh, it's just not that much to brag about for casual phone users. For a lot of us it'll be really nice but still.. my 3G works just fine. Of course, in the next coming, months when 4G is here i'll be getting it too and probably be putting my foot in my mouth but.. nvm, disregard that. I can't wait for 4G!

However I do think it's over hyped. Besides duel core and lte, it has things to complain about. The pentile screen which everyone seems to hate on any other phone is just fine on the Bionic.. I'll lol if it's worse on that then it is on the DX2 because of the big screen. It's fine for me on the D3.
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
 
Last edited:
Liderc;1648630 I think the things you'd like most is it has an amazing spell checker and automatic paragraph creator.[/QUOTE said:
Maybe but I'm out of schoot typing on a terrible keyboard (my D1)
And I'm also on a forum now if they asked me to put everthing in a correct format matching college level then yeah I would be a bit more organized with my writing but its summer I'm out of school for now and just trying to enjoy the knowledge everyone has to offer not try to be nonchalantly insulted by someone
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
 
Well I would love 4g but its just not enough to convince to get it. Sure great speeds but its a phone not a super computer. I don't think it would need those kinda speeds as of now sure amazing to have but what's the real need for it I couldn't imagine one for people who just use it for casual use but buisnesses sure they might need it then and if I messed up my quote post its because my phone is acting up and I need to upgrade rather soon before I use this as a future paper weight in school

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
 
The only phone you can look at to get an idea of bionics performance is the d3. The atrix is an unfair comparison, because its an entirely different chipset. Bionic and d3 are both TI OMAP4. I'm not sure if bionic is 4430 or 4460 though.

The ui on the d3 isn't bad at all. Its actually very close to a vanilla android, much more so than previous blurs. The only reason I'm not using the stock ui is lack of customization.

But yea, I think people are expecting too much from the bionic.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
 
I too think its a tiny over-hyped but it should prove to be the best 4g phone on Verizon's network.

Also, while i don't need 4g, I want it so bad!!!!!!!!! Plus, i have 4g in my area and pay the same $30 bucks for it so i might as well be browsing at faster speeds getting more for my money (plus i'm grandfathered in to unlimited data, yay!!!)

I'm getting this mofo on launch day!!!
 
The only phone you can look at to get an idea of bionics performance is the d3. The atrix is an unfair comparison, because its an entirely different chipset. Bionic and d3 are both TI OMAP4. I'm not sure if bionic is 4430 or 4460 though.

The ui on the d3 isn't bad at all. Its actually very close to a vanilla android, much more so than previous blurs. The only reason I'm not using the stock ui is lack of customization.

But yea, I think people are expecting too much from the bionic.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I guess that's somewhat true. But it's hard for me not to focus on what's pretty much the Bionic's older twin. It has too many similarities for me to ignore.
 
I too think its a tiny over-hyped but it should prove to be the best 4g phone on Verizon's network.

Also, while i don't need 4g, I want it so bad!!!!!!!!! Plus, i have 4g in my area and pay the same $30 bucks for it so i might as well be browsing at faster speeds getting more for my money (plus i'm grandfathered in to unlimited data, yay!!!)

I'm getting this mofo on launch day!!!

This is a lot of what I'm thinking too. I'm really hyped about LTE because it is all over where I live plus where I call my second home (where my immediate family lives). So for me, an LTE phone is a no brainer, particularly without any additional premiums over standard EV-DO Rev A.
 
due for an upgrade and waiting for the Bionic to release. I'm definitely going to check it out before deciding to upgrade.

Don't need 4g, but hey if it's available for the same price as 3g, why not?
 
Back
Top