Droid Bionic Hands On Review

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola-Mobility-DROID-BIONIC.jpg

Mobile World Congress, BARCELONA, Spain
- Although only releasing later this year in the US, PhoneReport got a hands-on review of the Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic. The latest addition to the successful Droid smartphone line comes once again from Motorola, but this time, it brings 4G LTE connectivity, which will allow not only high-speed downloads, but also high-quality video calls. 4G will certainly become a name we'll hear often in advanced smartphones' specs.

[video=youtube;cuZbgkI2H3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuZbgkI2H3k[/video]

This particular handset runs currently on Android 2.2 Froyo, has an 8 megapixel camera at the back, a front-facing VGA camera, and is powered by a Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core processors and 512MB DDR PC-grade RAM.

On-board, customers will find 16GB in storage, while on the sales package there'll be a 16GB microSD memory card, totalling in 32GB for usage.

To complete the high-end specs, there's and HDMI port and an 1800mAh battery.
The device is quite large, with the 4.3" touchscreen display being the major cause, but the 158g it weighs are well distibuted.

Last edited:

busab

Reaction score
Not sure how this is called a "review" but nice video anyway.

Why does it only have a 1800mah battery now? Didnt it have a 1920 like the Atrix before?

motty69

Reaction score
Don't really care for the look of this phone. Can't put my finger on exactly what I don't like, maybe just the overall look. Now the insides though, pretty sweet.

bhall238

Reaction score
The Atrix has a 1930 I thought. When did they decrease this?

Less RAM, not so cool accessories, smaller capacity battery. What exactly did Verizon do to Motorola do you think? Single core or not, HTC Thunderbolt here I come

oakvad

Reaction score

Less RAM, not so cool accessories, smaller capacity battery. What exactly did Verizon do to Motorola do you think? Single core or not, HTC Thunderbolt here I come

All info I've read is the ram is pc spec like it says, I've also heard its ddr2, not phone spec like the atrix. I want it

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
Don't really care for the look of this phone. Can't put my finger on exactly what I don't like, maybe just the overall look. Now the insides though, pretty sweet.

I agree.. its looks a bit Too thick... have to see it in person tho.

The back of it is ugly. I'd have to see it in person though. My upgrade isn't until November, so I have plenty of time

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I heard that with the Atrix only 512 mb of ram is able to be used with the laptop dock. Therefore the phone only has 512.

I think a fingerprint scanner would be cool though.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

All info I've read is the ram is pc spec like it says, I've also heard its ddr2, not phone spec like the atrix. I want it

The ram in the Atrix is also ddr2.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sarreq

Reaction score
Not sure how this is called a "review" but nice video anyway.

Why does it only have a 1800mah battery now? Didnt it have a 1920 like the Atrix before?
can't even call it "hands-on", and the booth guy was obviously quoting a hastily memorized script without knowing what he was actually talking about.

hopefully that 1800mah is a typo.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The back of it is ugly. I'd have to see it in person though. My upgrade isn't until November, so I have plenty of time

Who cares? Do you honestly spend that much time looking at the back of your phone? I think you may be doing it wrong...:)