Bionic in China

dbreece

Reaction score
I am looking to go to China this summer. I currently own a Verizon Droid Bionic. Is there a hack or Unlock that will allow me to use another Sim card from China? My wife currently has a Verizon Droid-X and in thinking about going to a Droid RAZR. Are either of those modles capable of working in China?

teg94

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure China is a GSM country, if so, your bionic wont work there, because it does not have a GSM radio. Regardless of unlocking and using a SIM from China.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Just get a cheap unlocked quad band GSM phone. Pop in a pre paid SIM from China, and you're good to go.

timlaw27

Reaction score
You can contact Verizon for pricing and data charges, but your CDMA phone will work in China as I was able to use mine there last year. CDMA and GSM are both used in China. Be prepared to pay an arm and leg for the roaming charges though. If I recall last year it was 60 dollars per month(it can be prorated) for data charges and like 1 or 2 dollars per minute for phone calls. I believe they have even increased these rates from last year. Like someone said you are probably better off buying a cheap phone and sim card if you are going to make a lot of phone calls.

txrover

Reaction score
As mentioned China is cdma, so your Verizon phones will work. Get the international data plan. I think it was 65/mo when I went, which is only $35 more than you're posting already anyway. Worth it for email, maps, Web searches. Txt and calls will be expensive, but if you're not planning on making calls, you're good. Also, you could use Skype fir calls back to the USA.

Note: Facebook and other sites like that are blocked over there. Have a great trip and eat lots of local food. I thought it was fantastic!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mogo17

Reaction score
I'm chinese ,and I used Droid bionic now,it's working in china telecom but 3g and 1x dosn't working .

leggums79

Reaction score
Hey all, it is my first post on this site. I live in China and have the opportunity to get an affordable used droid bionic (trustworthy family member back in the US) which I plan to give to my husband as a surprise (here in China).
Do you think this is more trouble than it is worth? Has anyone been able to get full functionality using a china mobile or china telecom sim? I don't see any who have yet on this thread...
I admit, i verge on having NO expertise, but my husband does (yeah yeah, cliche, i know). I know he would love it, I just don't want to give him an unsolvable problem as a present.
Advice or any successful experiences yet?