Bionic battery life

Zregnier

Reaction score
So there has been rumors that the Bionic is getting great battery life from it's 1900 mah battery. Any idea how this could relate to the battery life in the OG Droid? I'm hoping to get at least a few more hours in between charging with the Bionic, even with 4G. Am I crazy to think that'll be possible? I usually charge my D1 once during the day when at work after it gets down to 40% or so.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Reaction score
Ill let you know around evening time sept 8th. We know as much as everyone else. just rumors that the testers have been getting "good" battery life.

BeerManMike

Reaction score
So there has been rumors that the Bionic is getting great battery life from it's 1900 mah battery. Any idea how this could relate to the battery life in the OG Droid? I'm hoping to get at least a few more hours in between charging with the Bionic, even with 4G. Am I crazy to think that'll be possible? I usually charge my D1 once during the day when at work after it gets down to 40% or so.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Testers are saying the battery life is great but relative to what? I'm sure it will be alot better than other phones, but it doesn't matter if a Smartphone has a 3000 mAh battery, you should ALWAYS have it charging when its not in use and possible. You should have a Desk dock for work, a car charger for all vehicles you uses daily, a charging dock for your nightstand/bedroom, a charger in your home office and a couple charges in other places you use alot like a spare in the glove compartment when visiting friend's house for a while. This isn't a moto RAZR, you must have it charging all the time and you will never have a problem with battery life.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Testers are saying the battery life is great but relative to what? I'm sure it will be alot better than other phones, but it doesn't matter if a Smartphone has a 3000 mAh battery, you should ALWAYS have it charging when its not in use and possible. You should have a Desk dock for work, a car charger for all vehicles you uses daily, a charging dock for your nightstand/bedroom, a charger in your home office and a couple charges in other places you use alot like a spare in the glove compartment when visiting friend's house for a while. This isn't a moto RAZR, you must have it charging all the time and you will never have a problem with battery life.

What you just said defeats the purpose of owning a cell phone.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The devices we are talking about are less like "cell phones" and more like small portable computers (laptops)... and their battery life reflects that. If you want the convenience of a phone that you can only charge every few days, there are some feature phones that will easily meet your needs.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like until there is a revolution in battery technology, the next best thing is to improve charging technology... Enter: Inductive Charging. If they integrate inductive charging into a car dock and office dock and you leave a charging mat at home, it makes it almost a non-issue barring you the usual routine is broken for travel or what not... then your screwed. haha

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
And charging it all day every day like that is bad for the battery. It slowly kills the battery so that even if you want to take it off the charge for a little, the phone won't be able to last long.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And charging it all day every day like that is bad for the battery. It slowly kills the battery so that even if you want to take it off the charge for a little, the phone won't be able to last long.

I thought that was substantially less of an issue with LiPo's as it was with NiCad's...

Renae

Reaction score

This is the most ridiculous thing ever... I'm hoping you are joking, its a phone, not a life support system. If it dies you won't die, I promise.

While its good to charge when you can to avoid getting low on juice, I'm not going to carry 46 different chargers with me so I can charge in any situation I am faced with. I mean god forbid I'm in a place with only 220v outlets and I don't have my special 220v charger.

Seriously, its a MOBILE phone, it should be able to go a couple hours without being plugged in to a power source.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BeerManMike

Reaction score

Charging when you need to is not, don't start charging when it says "low battery", charge it when it's 1/3 or half gone. My Droid charge tells me when it's at 100% charge so i can unplug it. You should replace the battery every 2 years anyways, which is in time for a new phone.

BeerManMike

Reaction score
This is the most ridiculous thing ever... I'm hoping you are joking, its a phone, not a life support system. If it dies you won't die, I promise.

While its good to charge when you can to avoid getting low on juice, I'm not going to carry 46 different chargers with me so I can charge in any situation I am faced with. I mean god forbid I'm in a place with only 220v outlets and I don't have my special 220v charger.

Seriously, its a MOBILE phone, it should be able to go a couple hours without being plugged in to a power source.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Apparently you read my post and heard it read as something else in your head. Who's carrying 46 chargers? I think i would have about 6 total to be covered and i work in IT.

And no you're wrong, it's not a MOBILE phone, it's a smart phone, much closer to a computer, so you need to charge it more. Maybe i'm just tired of these idiots (not the OP) that want to stream netflix, then turn of the navigation and play games THEN complain their new Droid only got 2 hours of battery life, thereby spreading false rumors that X device has poor battery life. You're going from a feature phone to a smart phone computer, you need you change your lifestyle and buy a couple more chargers.

BeerManMike

Reaction score
I thought that was substantially less of an issue with LiPo's as it was with NiCad's...

With Li-Ion it's not much of an issue, the only thing that would come from charging constantly is the battery would heat up and that's will reduce the life. I'm sure a dock or charger that trickles when the battery is full would not heat up the battery too much and would be fine.