Bionic battery life

googlelover

Reaction score
You know you could go crazy, (yes I think having more then 2 chargers is crazy... my phone lasts more then 10 minutes off the charger...) or you could just buy an extra battery and huzzah! Saves you all the money from the 8+ chargers and, if the rumors are right, 30 hours of battery time should be able to cover anyones needs.

corymcnutt

Reaction score
So there has been rumors that the Bionic is getting great battery life from it's 1900 mah battery. Any idea how this could relate to the battery life in the OG Droid? I'm hoping to get at least a few more hours in between charging with the Bionic, even with 4G. Am I crazy to think that'll be possible? I usually charge my D1 once during the day when at work after it gets down to 40% or so.

I don't think there's been any conformation on the battery size, has there? I think it may be more in the 1700's?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. I leave it charging at the office and have it in a dock at home when it's not being used.

If you're out and about then you want a full charge.

I like that we are hearing it last a long time considering it's a beast of a phone.

OP
Zregnier

Zregnier

Reaction score
I don't think there's been any conformation on the battery size, has there? I think it may be more in the 1700's?

No confirmation, just thought I heard 1900 rumors a few times.

So what about my original question? Many of you have owned newer smartphones and know more about their battery life than me. I've only owned a D1. Based off the specs we know of the Bionic and assuming it has a 1700-1900 mah battery, would you think it would last longer than a D1, or will the 4G make them about even? I'm hoping for less charging, but not counting on it when I get the phone.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know you could go crazy, (yes I think having more then 2 chargers is crazy... my phone lasts more then 10 minutes off the charger...) or you could just buy an extra battery and huzzah! Saves you all the money from the 8+ chargers and, if the rumors are right, 30 hours of battery time should be able to cover anyones needs.

Assuming that the bionic uses the same charger as the D1 (micro USB) you can get a charger with a 10 foot cable for $3.68... Even if the battery is as cheap as $30... I'd still go with the chargers

BeerManMike

Reaction score
No confirmation, just thought I heard 1900 rumors a few times.

So what about my original question? Many of you have owned newer smartphones and know more about their battery life than me. I've only owned a D1. Based off the specs we know of the Bionic and assuming it has a 1700-1900 mah battery, would you think it would last longer than a D1, or will the 4G make them about even? I'm hoping for less charging, but not counting on it when I get the phone.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Nobody knows and will know until it's out. Since everything is moving forwards and testers are reporting great battery life you can assume it will last a while, but my point was if it's not 90-100% charged it should always be charging, all the time so how long it last wont make that much a difference unless you're going to be somewhere where you cannot charge it for 4+ hours.

googlelover

Reaction score
Assuming that the bionic uses the same charger as the D1 (micro USB) you can get a charger with a 10 foot cable for $3.68... Even if the battery is as cheap as $30... I'd still go with the chargers
Uhh I got my 2 spare batterys for like 10 bucks, if even that, and even though those batterys were so cheap they still work great, only difference I see is with one the charge usually dies like 30 minutes to an hour earlier then the other ones. Amazon usually gets cheap spare batterys.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Uhh I got my 2 spare batterys for like 10 bucks, if even that, and even though those batterys were so cheap they still work great, only difference I see is with one the charge usually dies like 30 minutes to an hour earlier then the other ones. Amazon usually gets cheap spare batterys.

How often do you get asked if "that is just a spare battery in your pocket?"

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
How so? Many people have missed opportunities for charging their smart phone.

If I wanted something that had to be plugged in all the times I'd still own a home phone and one of those old wire phones that ties into your car.

I understand where your coming from about missed charging opportunities, but being able to wake up, work and play on my phone all day before plugging it when I go to bed at night isn't asking a whole hell of a lot.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

corymcnutt

Reaction score
If I wanted something that had to be plugged in all the times I'd still own a home phone and one of those old wire phones that ties into your car.

I understand where your coming from about missed charging opportunities, but being able to wake up, work and play on my phone all day before plugging it when I go to bed at night isn't asking a whole hell of a lot.

Really it is if you use it alot to surf the internet, send/rec emails, gaming, texts, and talk a lot. With these fancy screens, ram, processors, apps, games, etc., we are asking a lot of a "cell phone battery." If you sit at a desk most of the day, why not charge it? I sit mine in a stand every night, but need to charge at work once too, so I can use it until I go to bed...and that is a BB, not on LTE!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Charging when you need to is not, don't start charging when it says "low battery", charge it when it's 1/3 or half gone. My Droid charge tells me when it's at 100% charge so i can unplug it. You should replace the battery every 2 years anyways, which is in time for a new phone.

I never said charging when you need to isn't bad. I'm saying charging it all day every day will kill the battery. You're the one saying to carry a billion chargers and to always keep it charged.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree about having more than 1 charger. I even have 2 in my apt: 1 for the living room and 1 for the bedroom. For the days I'm sleeping in a room and I need it to be charging overnight while its also being used as my alarm clock. So I have 4 total: 1 in the living room, 1 in the bed room, 1 in the car and 1 at work.

BeerManMike

Reaction score
I never said charging when you need to isn't bad. I'm saying charging it all day every day will kill the battery. You're the one saying to carry a billion chargers and to always keep it charged.

I said have a charger for your car(s), house, work desk, etc and maybe a spare somewhere, YOU are the one that interpreted it as a billion chargers. A charger for where you are at most of the time isn't much to ask for, for these smart phones. I can play Star Legends at work in-between things and kill the battery in an hour. What's wrong with docking it or charging it when it's not in use. They're smart enough to send a trickle charge when full, feel you phone in the morning after it has been charging all night, not hot right? it's been trickle charging.

Last edited:

Renae

Reaction score

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

That's what my point was. It's still a MOBILE device, not a corded phone. It's meant to be unplugged. I do have my on the dock at night and most of the time at work. And I have a car charger too for when it's being used as a navigation device. But when I'm out and about, I expect that it can be used to make calls and do other basic smart phone functions for a couple of hours without dying. Or if I'm at at event all day, or hiking, or anything.

I'm hoping the bionic will do as well as my d1 did when it was new.