Bionic after 5days

rumblee1

Reaction score
Well it hasn't been out of my hands and here's what I found. As far as the camera goes, mine is taking excellent stills and beautiful videos. I have the still set at 8 mp. Now inside if I zoom and there's not enough light, they get grainy. But what would you expect. When there is enough light and outside, pics are great and clear. The 1080p videos are superb. As good as my sanyo HD camcorder especially outside. My other concern was the hum some got on their music players. Im listening to music on my bose qc3's and its crystal clear. Call quality excellent and build quality second to none. Well, Motorola, yes, it was worth the wait. Oh yea, 4g lte- blazing fast. Thanks. Anyone else have questions i'll try to answer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

paigow

Reaction score
Day time video pics looks good but at night/low light it looks terrible very grainy worse then a normal 480p flip camera.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jstwondrng

Reaction score
I have to agree, I have had my Bionic for almost a week (man, how time flies!) And I'm still enjoying my purchase.

I have tried to test as much as I can on the phone to ensure everything is working... so far, I have little complaints.

The camera isn't the best camera in the world, however, it's on a phone... Does it take really good pics in sunlight? Yes! Is it better than my SLR camera? No...

The HD 1080p is great! Crystal clear video and not jerky. Very satisfied.

My only complaint I have is with disappearing apps. Hopefully they will address this problem in a future update.

Smooth scrolling thru screens, no problems with my display or popping sounds from the mp3 player....

I'm satisfied!

Jstwondrng

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
Hummmm, have not had the disappearing app problem. Have you tried a battery pull? Some times that resets everything and might solve the issue.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
My only complaint I have is with disappearing apps. Hopefully they will address this problem in a future update.

after installing apps check the media section in the manage app section..... batt pulls and reboots make the apps disappear.... for some reason certain apps move themselves into the media section and when you reboot they disappear... droidforums for instance use to disappear until i moved it back to the phone..... no check marks should be in that section

Zregnier

Reaction score
Hummmm, have not had the disappearing app problem. Have you tried a battery pull? Some times that resets everything and might solve the issue.

Apps are only disappearing when installed on the internal SD partition. Go into manage apps and move them to internal storage and you'll be fine.

billyk

Reaction score
6 days now for me. EXCELLENT phone! Moto knocked it out of the park, IMO.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I'll jump on the disappearing apps wagon. I've had a few go away in the last couple days.
And if you need an extended battery and don't have one, then I suggest you get one. I got one yesterday and it was on 5 percent FOREVER. I was trying to drain it. I must've been like an hour on 5 percent. Got my first full charge on it today, so I am going to put it through the works. GPS, videos, talkings, surfing.
The phone is great overall. I'd recommend a reboot at the beginning of the day though. It's still a computer. Had it on for a few days straight and it started to show some delay in page switches. Reboot and snappiness comes back. Shouldn't really have to do this because it's built on Linux, but it's no biggie. Still a beast of a phone.

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Apps are only disappearing when installed on the internal SD partition. Go into manage apps and move them to internal storage and you'll be fine.

I have only a handful of apps on my phone (about 10) and the first day of owning the phone I began receiving "out of space" errors when they resided on the internal memory. Since we have roughly 19.5 gb (3.5 internal + 16 sd card), we should have the freedom of storing movable apps anywhere we wish without the fear of them disappearing. If we weren't meant to have that functionality, it wouldn't be available... My only gripe :D

Renae

Reaction score
I have only a handful of apps on my phone (about 10) and the first day of owning the phone I began receiving "out of space" errors when they resided on the internal memory. Since we have roughly 19.5 gb (3.5 internal + 16 sd card), we should have the freedom of storing movable apps anywhere we wish without the fear of them disappearing. If we weren't meant to have that functionality, it wouldn't be available... My only gripe :D

The out of memory is a bug I think. I have gotten it a few times when the app installs incorrectly. If you download it again, the problem usually resolves itself. I'm almost thinking the error code it is getting is either wrong or not recognized and we are seeing the wrong message. Unless you have installed
Five hundred apps, I am pretty sure you are not out of storage space.

I have not experienced the disappearing app issue yet.

My 4g speeds aren't that fast. Most area I'm seeing around 4 to 7. I've seen up to
22 in other areas though.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jstwondrng

Reaction score
For now, I'm going to put all of my apps on the internal memory. Hope these minor bugs get resolved soon.

Jstwondrng

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you don't put apps in the Internal Media Memory you will be fine - your internal phone memory has enough space to hold hundreds of apps.

They needs to switch the phone settings so the apps go to the SD-ext card and then the problem will be solved.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I don't even know if this is an issue or not or the phone just needed a rebooting... but I was picking up nephew which is in no 4g area, and 3g was like 2 bars.. and was picking up a weak wifi signal from his school. I couldnt even browse the net, gtalk was giving me "No data connection" Although I could get calls and and texts.. I checked, using quick apps, and it said Data: OFF .. wouldnt let me turn it on. Gonna test when hes done playing games on it to make sure I can still browse if I get stuck in a 3g area again.. kept getting "Page cannot be loaded" etc .. I brushed it off as just being one of those dead zones...other than this one time I have had no probs and love the phone. I did take the case off to make sure we weren't going to have a 'Bionic-Gate' situation but nothing changed when I did that..

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
I own many bose products. I always buy direct from bose.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums