Bionic speed test

rdgxray

Reaction score
I had a samsung charge and moved to the bionic. I just got the update and decided to do some side by side speed test with my old charge and bionic. I just checked 3g speeds, no 4g here. I assumed the charge would out perform the bionic because it doesn't have the data drop problem to the same extent. I was wrong. Bionic got better ping /download/upload speeds using same server. I tested about 20 times. 90% of the time the bionic out performed the charge. Not saying the charge is terrible. The charges results were just slightly under the bionics. One thing I noticed though, the charge's screen is actually bigger! They both have 4.3 inch screens so I assumed they were the same size. No they are not, height and diagonal size is the same. Width is different, bionic is about 5.5 cm and charge is 5.8 cm. That makes the charge screen seem bigger! The colors just pop on the charge. I really enjoyed having the charge and miss the great screen. My friend uses it now and has tons of junk installed on it. I was playing with it and runs great. Smooth transitions, apps open and close quickly, works very well stock with bloat and tons of widgets running. It is not a bad phone. Bionic blows it away in raw power on quadrant. Put both phones side by side and ask me to pick one without knowing the specs or brand bias, just by looking and testing them for a few minutes, I would pick the charge every time.
Just has more appeal than bionic. I am not trading back, just surprises me after using both for several months, I still would choose the charge. I thought my bionic experience would make any other phone unappealing. It has not.
Two things the bionic beats the charge in : call quality and gps. Call quality on charge was ok...bionic is crystal clear....gps on charge takes 30 seconds to 2 minutes or more to lock but then works fine, bionic locks in under 10 seconds. Bionic has its own advantages, just takes owning them both for a couple of months to see them.

Only the dead have seen the end of war ... and trolls :)

Last edited:

dressagerider

Reaction score
I have a bionic after going through 5 charges all with numerous problems. My charge never ran smooth!

The bionic is just a far better phone all the way around in my opinion, and I actually like the screen better than the charge.

Ironically, I was in my local Verizon store today with an issue on my daughters phone and the charge came up in conversation. The Rep said the charge is the worse phone they have and that it had a host of issues that will never be resolved. To bad they didn't admit this in the first 30 days of selling the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
rdgxray

rdgxray

Reaction score
It is hilarious how subjective a smart phone evaluation can be. I agree with the previous poster, but having only one charge that in my opinion worked better than my bionic in several ways, I still like the charge. I have heard similar stories from bionic owners, " on 3rd bionic etc." Supposedly Radio shack pulled the bionic and replaces it with a different phone. Verizon replaces it very easily based on forum post. I know samsung has a bad reputation with build quality. I personally have not seen it. This is my first Motorola phone, part of the reason I switched was the reported awesome build quality. I have never had so many problems as with this bionic. I just got the update, hopefully this helps a lot. I will say the bionic grows on you. Playing with the charge for a bit just made me remember other companies make good phones too. Several people have posted about sales representatives warning them against the bionic. I have had people ask "are you having any problems with it?" Several post are about how the bionics problems will never be resolved. I enjoy my bionic and have no plans of replacing it, but it like all smart phones has it's share of problems. I wish it didn't. :)

Only the dead have seen the end of war ... and trolls :)

Last edited: