Just bought the Bionic, have some questions

magicman11

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought the Droid Bionic after having an iphone since day 1. It is lightyears better as far as im concerned except for the fact that the screen quality is a tiny bit worse, but no big deal. I was wondering a few things like: How do I delete contacts? How do I add music and videos from itunes to my phone? What is rooting? How do I pirate music and or apps right from my droid(my friend said he does it)? Do I need a screen protector with gorilla glass? Glad to not be an iphone idiot anymore, any tips you want to give me would be cool as well. Thanks for any help!​

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Welcome to the forums :) As far as bringing apps over from the iphone, you will be required to purchase them again unfortunately. But, one of the great things about android is that once you buy an app, it stays with you on any other android phones you may purchase down the line. Meaning, you will never have to buy it again if you get a new android phone, as the apps are linked to your google account.

As for rooting, you will find all the information you need and post any questions here in regards to that: Droid Bionic Hacks

Pirating music is a nono, but I don't think you mean pirating as in the sense as to get it free, you just want to transfer your music from your iphone which is rather simple. One way is either send the song to yourself via email or dock your phone to your computer via usb and transfer the music from your pc that way, more info can be found here: Droid Bionic Tech Support

YvesSaintYuki

Reaction score
Oh yea how to transfer music from
Itunes, go to the media folder on your pc or mac (not sure if it works the same way on a mac) go to music/Itunes and it should be 2 folders one with all your music in it and one named not added drag and drop all the contents in that folder to the albums folder on your sd card.. There may be a easier way but that is how I did it.. Also for some other cool Droid help sites check out Xda Developers, that site had allot of info on hacking phones.. Word to the wise: NEVER ask about pirating apps on any droid site people will bash you as if they never downloaded a free song or movie in their life.. Just check out the site I gave you above that's the one I use if they don't delete that comment first..
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pedromartinez

Reaction score
When you plug in your phone it will ask you if you want Windows media sync. Select that and you can sync all your music from windows media player

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rumblee1

Reaction score
Welcome to the smart peoples os. you'll never go back to an iphone again. really want to have fun, try rooting.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

jspencer67

Reaction score
if you need to manually locate your iTunes media it should be in this path

c:/users/(your Name)/My Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music

you could go there....Copy/Paste the entire contents and then just drop it on you SD card

as fort deleting contacts.....just long press the contact and it will give you an options menu

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Long presses are the key to Android. A LP (long press) on a empty place on a home screen will let you add an app, widget, a contact, even a book mark. A LP on a file will allow you to delete a file or rename it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
In other words (which some people might understand better)
Long Press on Android is the equivalent of a Right Click in Windows. It gives you additional options based on how you use it.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Haven't tried the ZumoCast with the Bionic yet, but the premise is that it allows you to stream the music, or other content, to your Bionic directly from the computer without having to load it on your SD card. Going to check it out later today.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
A good app to automatically sync your iTunes with your phone is isyncr. Its a great app and there's even a wireless add on that let's it sync to your iTunes wirelessly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jspencer67

Reaction score
I agree.......what a great way to easily access my music folders....plus now if my kid wants to listen to something on my computer when he is at his mothers he can just use that

the only thing I ran into is some CDs (example Scorpions 20th Century masters collection) can not be accessed due to DRM restrictions?

I BOUGHT the damn thing and I cant access it?

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Zumocast is awesome (I sound like a broken record)

I guess I will give it the plus 3. Most interesting application. For the music so far the only "issue" that I am seeing is lack of album art. I have not explored this, but perhaps it is related to whether the art exists in the folder on the PC. As I have snagged my art in various ways for Poweramp, this would not surprise me. But for work, this program has real potential for me. And I did a little research for security reasons, and it appears it started as Iphone ware and has been around a while, so I am getting a comfort level with it.

Craig

82DMC12

Reaction score
I got zumocast to work fine while at home on wi-fi, but when I was driving today and I was on 3G not a single song would play. It kept saying something like "Skipped song, streaming error". Does this only work with 4G?