Bioinc Froze, Battery Pull, Won't Turn on.

xspaceshuttlex

Reaction score
Last night i was playing Jelly Defense for about 20min, then decided to cancel it and go to bed, after i closed the app, i was scrolling around my home menu, the phone froze, i pulled out the battery, nothing...did this for about 20min. nothing. went on the forums and found some people were having the same issue.

The phone wouldn't charge through USB, no connection to PC no response at all...Then i popped on my inductive charging back and put it on my pad. the indicator light came on that it was "charging". i left it on the pad til about 4am tried booting nothing. then went back to bed. woke up at 9am tried to boot it, nothing, then placed it back on the charging pad...now i have a white LED light on the phone, went and let it sit for about 5 min, came back tried to boot nothing....then placed my phone on USB charge from the pad, it turned on to the charging bolt battery screen... let it sit for 5 min magically it charged up to 10% in 5 min which is very unusual.

Anyway the phone turned back on this morning, i made a few phone calls and what not, on my way to work with about 10% battery i plugged it into my car charger, worked for about 10 min then froze and died again...

now it won't turn on like it was doing last night

What the hell is going on?

Biasedthunder

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to hit the local verizon store and get a new phone... did that to me and they replaced it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
X

xspaceshuttlex

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to hit the local verizon store and get a new phone... did that to me and they replaced it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

brought it to verizon, had them switch out the battery, it turned on and worked for about 10 min then decided to **** out on me again, i called them they're over nighting me a replacement. STUPID BIONIC

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
You never thought to charge it "AC" via the wall instead of usb? USB charging sucks.

Sent from my ICED Bionic

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You never thought to charge it "AC" via the wall instead of usb? USB charging sucks.

Sent from my ICED Bionic

True dat. Due to the spotty signal location of our house, when I tried to charge my OG Droid via USB the battery actually went down trying to get a signal. With my Bionic it's AC.

OP
X

xspaceshuttlex

Reaction score
True dat. Due to the spotty signal location of our house, when I tried to charge my OG Droid via USB the battery actually went down trying to get a signal. With my Bionic it's AC.

i've tried every possible charging method,

Funny thing is i got a replacement yesterday, and today i was riding in my car the phone was a about to die so i threw it on a charger, then it died and won't turn back on again.....i got a lil bit of life it tried to boot on when i got home and put it on the inductive charger, got to the boot animation then died and won't give me any sign of life, switched out battery and all that. still no response AGAIN....i'm getting ANOTHER replacement will be here in a couple days.

I've done nothing to the phone besides root it at 886 then cheesecake to 893 and froze some apps. I'm not sure how this keeps happening when i had the phone for 3 weeks under the same rooting and whatnot and this one died less that 24 hours later?! i hope i'm not doing anything to damage the phone, maybe a bad charger.... i dunno but forthis to happen twice in less that 48 hours it seems more user end error than manufactuer.

OP
X

xspaceshuttlex

Reaction score
iii might of fixed it, when i place it on the inductive charger it WHITE led indicator turns on, now i've seem to get it to stay on after it boot animations by plugging the USB into it, wow this has me stumped.

i'm gettin some kind of life out of it but im doing a lot of runnning around from wall ac to inductive charger

OhRobbie

Reaction score
It happened to me, I have another battery so I tried using that battery and it worked so try to replace your battery or something. Or just buy a new one on amazon or something. I hope that works out.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I noticed the thing you said twice was "car charger"... I had a car charger that was mauling batteries like the grim reaper... And it wasn't consistent... It would take a few charges on that thing and start ruining the battery... Interesting thing though... Once I got rid of that charger and started charging the batteries with the stock motorola wall charger ... I was able to refresh all of them back to 100% perfect batteries again... Just a thought... Moto phones don't like crappy chargers

quizzard

Reaction score
Just a question, how hot is your phone getting? None of the new phones will charge unless they're below 45 degrees C.

You want to use chargers that put out at least 850MA, even in the car.

bt1962

Reaction score
My most recent Bionic did the same thing....refused to boot or take a charge. I tried the extended battery and the original slim battery with no luck. Tried booting it with it connected to the ac charger, still nothing. Needless to say I am now on my third version after Verizon sent me yet another refurb.