Froze- Powered off, wont turn back on..

Reaction score
So I received a warranty replacement phone about a month ago because my earpiece went out in my original Bionic.

So far the replacement has been CRAP

1. Won't hold 4G data connection at all.. Keeps dropping it turning white or no service at all then 2-3 minutes later data comes back... will do this for hours at a time- I am in a GREAT LTE data area.. I went to VZW store last week- they replaced the sim card. It was still "white" in the store and they said "no its ok here see google pulls up still" yeah well... no.. it wasnt..

NOWWWW this morning, I was talking on the phone, and it just died- it turned off and will not turn back on...

I have pulled the battery.. I have plugged it in both with and without the battery.. I have pulled all the sim card and HD card.. everything in every possible combo.. NOTHING.... any other tips, or go yell at VZW to send me ANOTHER crappy bionic..

CBMGGM

Reaction score
I've had my share of CLN phones from VZW. 50% of mine were duds. You have a dud my friend. You have two possible options:

1) Play the send me y bunches of replacement Bionics until you get a keeper.
That could take a month of back and forth exchanges. Been there done that.

2) Call VZW ask for tier 2 support and change to another phone. I would push for the Razr Maxx if possible, Rezound second, Razr last.

OP
O
Reaction score
I've had my share of CLN phones from VZW. 50% of mine were duds. You have a dud my friend. You have two possible options:

2) Call VZW ask for tier 2 support and change to another phone. I would push for the Razr Maxx if possible, Rezound second, Razr last.

Well, I've ordered a replacement.. I figured 3 strikes give me a new phone. I had to threaten to cancel my line of service just to get them to overnight me a phone....of course first they tried to give me a loaner- which i would have been fine with except they couldnt figure how to get a 3g phone on my line.. so they tried to mail me one... i pitched a polite fit and got it overnighted... If this one doesnt work, ill call in and see what i can do.. we have 5 lines of service.. im sure they would hate to lose us over this.. but then again who am i kidding, there are 5 more lines waiting to take my place...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

With option 2, you're still likely going to get a CLNR and not a brand new phone, so I don't see what the difference is?

OP
O
Reaction score
Probably that it's not a bug prone Bionic. I loved my brand new one once they got the data issues fixed.. but this last one I had less than a month and was buggy from the start..

OP
O
Reaction score
Getting a Rezound.. Got the option of the Charge too but not keen on Samsungs really... Sad.... The new bionic out of the box had data connection issues..

llewis13

Reaction score
same thing happened to me

i was just using my browser (dolphin hd) and it stalled. then it turned itself off. then the was no chance at turning it back on. not with other batteries, not plugged in, not in recovery mode, nothing. just got a new bionic in the mail today and i'm skeptical installing the new update. i had installed the latest update a few days prior to my bionic crapping out so it's the only thing i could imagine messed it up. it was forever rooted but i never had any issues with it. and it worked fine after the update for about 5 days. kept root and everything. maybe i shouldn't have froze google+ ?

Regulator

Reaction score
Getting a Rezound.. Got the option of the Charge too but not keen on Samsungs really... Sad.... The new bionic out of the box had data connection issues..

Should of kept the new bionic and flashed ics. Phone has been solid ever since

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2