Bill to account - VZW

psupride

Reaction score
Hey everyone, and thanks in advance for any and all responses. I've asked this question before, but haven't gotten a definitive answer from VZW.

A family member of mine wants to get the HTC Thunderbolt on pre-order (if there is a pre-order), and was wondering if this could be billed to the account. This person has billed to the account before, but on a phone already in the inventory and not on a pre-ordered device.

Has anyone ever done this before? VZW keeps giving conflicting answers.

Thanks a lot.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, and thanks in advance for any and all responses. I've asked this question before, but haven't gotten a definitive answer from VZW.

A family member of mine wants to get the HTC Thunderbolt on pre-order (if there is a pre-order), and was wondering if this could be billed to the account. This person has billed to the account before, but on a phone already in the inventory and not on a pre-ordered device.

Thanks a lot.

I highly doubt it. They wouldn't let me do it with the original Droid. They allowed me to do it with the Storm. I think they have either changed their policy on this (cash, up front) or may only offer it on certain phones.

jjq224

Reaction score

Thanks a lot.

I have never had an issue with anything being billed to my Verizon account. I just bought the R2-D2 Droid 2 when it was released in September and they billed it to the account fine. I even bought a case for it online through the Verizon store and was able to bill it to the account.

The only thing I couldn't bill was a car charger that I bought at a later date at a Verizon kiosk. A friend of mine who used to work there said that as long as the account is up to date and you were never late on a payment, they will have no problem billing you.

Hope this helped.

R2D2-01-june.gif

Sent from my personal R2-D2 Droid using DroidForums App

jdlfg

Reaction score
I have been build to my account for example when the Droid X was released. I wanted to buy it outright however, they would not allow me to pay full retail and forced me to use an upgrade.

jjq224

Reaction score
Update

Just got two brand new phones for the kids (my son broke his and we got a BOGO deal). They billed them both to my account with no problems - along with cases for the phones.

R2D2-01-june.gif

Sent from my personal R2-D2 Droid using DroidForums App