Great step forward step back forwad back, Disapointed

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
well I in no way wanted this to be about the IPhony, what I was saying was that I would hate to see Verizon hold out on all of these great Droid phones to their loyal customers just because Jobs wants it his way and Verizon wants to steal away market share from AT&.

I didnt want to see all of the new implementations Verizon is imposing on its customers, NE2 ending, 14 day return policy change from 30 days, end of promotion upgrade to a smartphone and just pay smartphone data charge on sexondary lines,

so with all of this going on and no new release date in site for any new amazing Droid phones, I had to go ahead and order what I thought was the best out now, The Droid X, I wanted to wait till something newer came out since it seems EOL for the X is march 31, but with the following it seems to have, and the processor and space it seems to have should last me the two years I will have to use it, so as soon as it ships I will be a first time new Droid user, with the X.

Just wish Verizon would have sent out the new stuff for us loyal fans and customers, and not cater to the other new customers, cause I really dont see alot of people wanting to switch to an IPhony if they already use a Droid format, hope it is the best choice I made, guess we will see in a few days when I get it in hand, and see if it truly last the test for the next two years, FX

A lot of peope have been asking for the iphone. It is a smart move. I am not sure why all the bias toward one phone. I like to have choices and will by the best phone to suite my needs that is out at the time of purchase regardless of manufacturer or OS.

By the way I am a droid 1 user and just got my wife a DroidX. Very impressive smart phone for sure. I can't imagine you settled or will be disappointed.

OP
masez34

masez34

Reaction score
I believe the Droid X may already be nicer than the iphone. The larger screen alone makes it very usable. I have always been a iphone fan and has always wanted this day to come but I have been living and liking the droid world for a while now.

I would enjoy seeing a Droid X and the "I" have a sheet on both to see which one is better, like they did for the "I", Thunderbolt and the Bionic,

see if it really still the better phone, even being almost a year old, but I guess so is the "I4"

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it's a good thing, if anything, that the iPhone is coming to verizon. Choices are a good thing, if for a period android isn't meeting my needs and the iPhone might? I'll probably check it out, see if I enjoy the change. I'm not like these people who are so brand loyal they can't see their own nose in front of their face. We all have different needs and if one phone can meet them, what's the point in using one over the other.

Edit: As for mac's well, that's not hating a brand, that's hating a stupid computer.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
What's the point? Sometimes people make choices based on their conscience, politics, or some other intangible. Apple is a bully and locking the iPhone into iTunes bothers some people. :)

However, I agree with the rest of your post. :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Locking the iphone into itunes is good business. We can call it bullying all we want, but it makes things easier for sure.

I have problems with microsoft, like you may about apple, but I still use the products because they work well.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around "Microsoft" and "work well" without the word "doesn't" somewhere in the middle. ;)

Seriously, though, I HATE iTunes. I like having control over my devices, not vice versa, or someone else telling me what I can and cannot do within the capabilities of said device. :) That's my opinion. Yours may differ, and if so I respect that.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have a problem with Vista or Win7, it's not the OS' fault, I assure you.

Most people who have problems with the recent operating systems are poor users.

Granted, one shouldn't have to have loads of knowledge to properly operate an operating system, but you just can't be a moron anymore.

If you're a linux user, then you're just a stuck up person who refuses to conform and you often think bands "sell out".

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Vista sucks (my opinion). I work on computers for a living and I hate working on Vista. No exposure to Windows 7 so I can't comment, but my understanding is that it's a VAST improvement on Vista.

Anyway, we're off topic (unless the OP doesn't mind). :)

However, it's like a lot of things. There's a learning curve. One of the things iOS did right was in making the learning curve as easy as possible -- but at the cost of functionality and individualization. And tying it into iTunes was a genius move from a corporate standpoint, I'll give them full credit for that. However, I'm of the opinion that freedom is one of the most important things we can have, so I hate it. :D

And that's enough off-topic from me.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's my point, Vista doesn't suck. I've been building computers for over a decade now and I constantly see poor users.

As I said, don't blame the software when the culprit is behind the keyboard.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
The same could be said for a lot of things. Now let's get this back on topic. We're discussing CES and the phones thereof, not spouting off about which Windows OS is better than the others. Thank you.