Biggest disappointments with the D3

sniper6

Reaction score
Long press pic > select add to album > you will then have the option to create album > when you open my library and sort it by album, you should have all videos, all pictures, and whatever album you created. It works I promise. :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Long press pic > select add to album > you will then have the option to create album > when you open my library and sort it by album, you should have all videos, all pictures, and whatever album you created. It works I promise. :)

Adding to this. Once you create an album, then we can probably figure out the correct folder structure so that we can put pictures into albums on our computers and have them show up in their correct albums.

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
Using the file manager, I was unable to find the folder, but I did get to make one.

It doesn't move the original file to the folder you make. It seems it just creates another path within the app to the pic. Too much of a pain, I'll just stick with 2 gallery apps, at least until moto decides to try being so different.

Dear moto, sometimes things don't need fixing because they're not broken.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

jas595

Reaction score
PowerAmp play/pause buttons on wired headset work perfectly

And the free "next song" app works to go to next song if you don't want to use a headset to move forward in your playlist, justdouble click a volume key.

sniper6

Reaction score

Adding to this. Once you create an album, then we can probably figure out the correct folder structure so that we can put pictures into albums on our computers and have them show up in their correct albums.

Exactly! :)

Reaction score
For me is that I feel it could be a bit faster. My expiation were a little high so a little bit of a let down but still very happy. The best part od the phone is the screen. I just don't see why people don't like it but eveyone is different l

superkeest

Reaction score
What part of it is not fast enough? Mine loads websites much faster than my droid 1, navigates menus a lot faster, and is generally way faster than the d1.

Anyone know how to get rid of the stupid bookmarks, so my bookmarks are first and not verizon homepage? Or will i have to wait for root?

Bobbar

Reaction score
Ooof.

I dunno what you're seeing, but this screen is garbage. Most gradients look like their being rendered in 8-bits. And it looks like everything is being projected through a screen door; the grid of pixels is painfully visible, like a dot-printed comic book picture.

Daaz

Reaction score
Right right.. guess i should chime in too! My biggest problem with the d3? Why moto...why did you take away the dedicated camera button? The onscreen shutter doesnt work that well. i took my new moto to a show a few nights ago, and found myself unable to hit the shutter button at all.. or when i was able to, it would move the set just enough to blur the picture. dummmmbbb! We finally get a decent camera...and they take away half the hardware involved in the picture taking process. *sigh*

Reaction score
Its not that's its slow but I guess I though it would just be faster being duel core. I very happy with it. I cam from a dx. I would think most phones would be faster the a two year old droid phone. Ya camera could be better in the way of just being faster. But I think it way better then my dx.

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
Ooof.

I dunno what you're seeing, but this screen is garbage. Most gradients look like their being rendered in 8-bits. And it looks like everything is being projected through a screen door; the grid of pixels is painfully visible, like a dot-printed comic book picture.

I have to wonder if you've got a defective screen. Mine is bright and clear with nary a trace of pixelization. In no way do I get the screen door effect (except for lockscreen, which is supposed to look like that). Sure, there are times I get some pixelization, but that's few and far between. Watched some hd music vids, and the images were fantastic.

Bobbar

Reaction score
Ooof.

I have to wonder if you've got a defective screen. Mine is bright and clear with nary a trace of pixelization. In no way do I get the screen door effect (except for lockscreen, which is supposed to look like that). Sure, there are times I get some pixelization, but that's few and far between. Watched some hd music vids, and the images were fantastic.

Then you're just not looking. What phone did you have before? The Droid 1 literally has one of the best screens in any mobile device, now we are stuck with a screen that's well below average.

Look closely at your battery and signal icons. Do you see the jagged pattern of pixels? Now slide your notification bar all the way down. Look at the gradient behind the "Verizon Wireless" text, that supposed to be smooth and consistent, but it has almost random bands through it. Look at any icon that has a lot of green in it, they are all aliased. I have wallpapers that I can't even use anymore because they look like they were ran through a Van Gogh effect.

It would be bearable if it could handle gradients properly, but like I said earlier, it looks like the bit depth has been cut in half.

It's no secret that these Pentile screens are garbage, except for their power efficiency.

jas595

Reaction score
i upgraded from Droid 1, I personally love the Droid 3 screen- it's bright, easy to read, beautiful in my opinion. I suppose if I got a magnifying glass out, maybe I could see the pixelization and gradients your are talking about (and i don't need reading glasses BTW), but I just can't understand why some are saying their screens are horrible. Makes me wonder if they have a defective product, or maybe they just have impossible standards. All I know, if there was a real problem with the screens, these Droid 3's wouldn't be selling out like they are!

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
i upgraded from Droid 1, I personally love the Droid 3 screen- it's bright, easy to read, beautiful in my opinion. I suppose if I got a magnifying glass out, maybe I could see the pixelization and gradients your are talking about (and i don't need reading glasses BTW), but I just can't understand why some are saying their screens are horrible. Makes me wonder if they have a defective product, or maybe they just have impossible standards. All I know, if there was a real problem with the screens, these Droid 3's wouldn't be selling out like they are!

I agree. I upgraded from an OG Droid and I prefer the screen of the Droid 3 much more. Colors look better, I can see it outside in direct sunlight...I don't have any issues with it.