Biggest disappointments with the D3

darkmatter

Reaction score
My biggest disappointment with the d3 is the external speaker. Now, its not bad, but look at that little thing. I dearly miss the d1's wtfspeakers. There's been a few times at work where I get a vehicle whose radio doesn't work at all. No problem with the d1, just turn it up, and the built in speakers would work just fine...hell, sometimes I had to turn it down.

My other biggest gripe is the ? key. Not a fan of having to hit alt for it.

So yea, those are my biggest complaints about the d3. Could be worse, lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My biggest disappointment with the d3 is the external speaker. Now, its not bad, but look at that little thing. I dearly miss the d1's wtfspeakers. There's been a few times at work where I get a vehicle whose radio doesn't work at all. No problem with the d1, just turn it up, and the built in speakers would work just fine...hell, sometimes I had to turn it down.

My other biggest gripe is the ? key. Not a fan of having to hit alt for it.

So yea, those are my biggest complaints about the d3. Could be worse, lol.

My exact complaints. I mean I use the "?" Key a lot. Why would moto get rid of that? ..see used it again. I don't use "/" nearly as much.

Had agreed with the speaker.. I rarely use ringtones but they seem a lot more quiet, now. And with my OG Droid, I could look up videos on youtube real quick while watching tv without having to take the time to pause what I'm watching if it's just in commercial or something.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
When i'm in HDMI Mirror .... everything on the D3 screen is output to the monitor with crystal clarity right? .... except when you actually play a video... the phone screen dies and only the monitor gets the feed... this sucks when i'm plugged into the screen in my car showing cartoons and **** to my kid to keep him quiet... and I can't see his screen... and my screen ain't showin nuthin... I gadda keep touching the screen to show the progress bar to see if its done yet or whatever... my dream is .. this thing gets rooted and rommed and little things like this will be addressed...

Maybe for christmas?? ... please??? Santa Coush?? And a Cyanogen ice cream new year???

I can dream

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
My biggest gripe is the battery, wish it could last longer. Also the bugs since its a new phone, they need to fix them its annoying

nednarb

Reaction score
When i'm in HDMI Mirror .... everything on the D3 screen is output to the monitor with crystal clarity right? .... except when you actually play a video... the phone screen dies and only the monitor gets the feed... this sucks when i'm plugged into the screen in my car showing cartoons and **** to my kid to keep him quiet... and I can't see his screen... and my screen ain't showin nuthin... I gadda keep touching the screen to show the progress bar to see if its done yet or whatever... my dream is .. this thing gets rooted and rommed and little things like this will be addressed...

Maybe for christmas?? ... please??? Santa Coush?? And a Cyanogen ice cream new year???

I can dream

Maybe I am not understanding you, but you could just change the screen timeout time when your doing video like this. When I am listening to music on cloud player I go into display settings and change screen to never go off. If I don't the music stops playing through HDMI cable. I realize this is a pain, but it is a solution for you.

droid100

Reaction score
Skype not having video chat.

Definitely the "?" key now requiring the Alt key.

The Gallery app sucks horribly.

The 999 text message limit.

They're minor things to me though. It's an awesome, awesome phone all round...

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
I agree the stock gallery app sucks for pics stored on your phone, but it is absolutely amazing for pics stored online via facebook, picasa, flickr etc. I also love how it pulls the pics for your contacts as well.

So I use two gallery apps, the stock one, and gallery 3d (I used to use quickpic for my d1, but the d3 runs gallery 3d so fast quickpic is redundant.)

I would add bloatware to the disappointed list, but that goes without saying.

leobg

Reaction score
I think they swapped / and ? due to the normal computer keyboard having it this way - / default actuion ? alt (shift) action.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Bloatware is the only thing that has disappointed me.
Once this baby is rooted, I can't wait to get rid of it all.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
So anything else that can't be worked around with an app besides the speaker being too quiet, the question mark not on it's own key, the tough power button, no LTE, poor battery life, a lot of bloatware, and random reboots?

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
So anything else that can't be worked around with an app besides the speaker being too quiet, the question mark not on it's own key, the tough power button, no LTE, poor battery life, a lot of bloatware, and random reboots?

Well that's alot to fix

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

-My power button isn't tough at all
- Never had a random reboot
- Battery life is superb

Thats weird....

markwebb

Reaction score
Will it ever get rooted? Surprised it it taking this long...i.e, 2 weeks already? LOL LOL :)