Best way to acquire a Nexus

addisontodd

Reaction score
Hey everyone. As you can see from my sig, at the moment I'm rocking a Droid Charge. Not a bad phone at all and a stellar dev community to boot. However, given the SIII's popularity; I figure now might be the time to score a nexus and get some hands on with ics and basically just ROM the crap out of it. ;)

I've been watching Craigslist some, but is that reliable? I know people SAY that an esn is clean but how can I verify that? If I'm looking at a Nexus, can I just swap my LTE sim and verify it immediately, or do I have to call, etc? I would do eBay but I hate the whole bidding process and the Buy it Now on most of them is more than I want to spend.

Whatcha all think?

Sent from my Tweaked Droid Charge

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Another good online site to get a Nexus is Swappa.

dfxmadness

Reaction score
Walmart has them for .97 cents just waiting for my local Walmart to get them back in stock to do my upgrade.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Walmart has them for .97 cents just waiting for my local Walmart to get them back in stock to do my upgrade.
That is the price for when you sign up for a new contract. OP wants to buy it from a 3rd party so an upgrade isn't used.

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
addisontodd said:
Hey everyone. As you can see from my sig, at the moment I'm rocking a Droid Charge. Not a bad phone at all and a stellar dev community to boot. However, given the SIII's popularity; I figure now might be the time to score a nexus and get some hands on with ics and basically just ROM the crap out of it. ;)

I've been watching Craigslist some, but is that reliable? I know people SAY that an esn is clean but how can I verify that? If I'm looking at a Nexus, can I just swap my LTE sim and verify it immediately, or do I have to call, etc? I would do eBay but I hate the whole bidding process and the Buy it Now on most of them is more than I want to spend.

Whatcha all think?

Also ur sim from ur charge won't work as the nexus is a micro sim

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Craiglist only one way to go. Meet them inside a Verizon store, the seller that is, and have the esn checked. Verizon will do it for free. So have it checked, pay him and put it on your line.

Reaction score
Craiglist only one way to go. Meet them inside a Verizon store, the seller that is, and have the esn checked. Verizon will do it for free. So have it checked, pay him and put it on your line.

but then you can run into probs that can only be found after playing with the phone for a while (and you're out your money). at least on ebay, you can go with an A+ seller with a return policy.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
GalaxyFlatulence said:
but then you can run into probs that can only be found after playing with the phone for a while (and you're out your money). at least on ebay, you can go with an A+ seller with a return policy.

Never been an issue for me. If it calls and speakers work during the call and it texts that's all that matters. Remember your still buying a used device. Plus most issue's with software can be fixed by a factory reset or reflashing it too stock. Also this is a way to get it right now. EBay there is a waiting period.

OP
addisontodd

addisontodd

Reaction score
Thanks all for the great responses, everyone. I've started watching Swappa (don't know why I didn't think of that) and I'll keep a good eye on Craigslist still if something catches my eye. Pretty soon I'll be on here asking development questions. ;-)

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Ive been doing all my selling and trading on Craigslist (3yrs) and have yet to have any issues.
Also there is a converter you can use for your sim card that works like a charm. You can find it here on Amazon. I use mine all the time to switch my sim card between my gnex and Rezound.

Good luck, and enjoy your Gnex when you get it! =)

OP
addisontodd

addisontodd

Reaction score
Also ur sim from ur charge won't work as the nexus is a micro sim

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

Wait so the SIM is a still a Verizon LTE SIM, but it's a micro one? In other words buying one online results in my going to the store to get a SIM from Verizon, then?