Trying to keep unlimited data... best new non-contract phone under $200?

Riddick

Reaction score
Right now I'm using a Galaxy Nexus, the phone works great except the power connector thing that I put the cord in is broken(It's really loose and any slight movement knocks the cord out and it doesn't charge). I'm looking to get a new phone except I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data plan that I don't want to lose. I would prefer not to use ebay or craigslist to buy someones used phone and also I am not on any sort of family plan so no options to upgrade another line.

What are some options for GOOD non-contract phones under $200 that I could buy and put my sim card in to transfer my account over to and keep the unlimited data?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Right now I'm using a Galaxy Nexus, the phone works great except the power connector thing that I put the cord in is broken(It's really loose and any slight movement knocks the cord out and it doesn't charge). I'm looking to get a new phone except I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data plan that I don't want to lose. I would prefer not to use ebay or craigslist to buy someones used phone and also I am not on any sort of family plan so no options to upgrade another line.

What are some options for GOOD non-contract phones under $200 that I could buy and put my sim card in to transfer my account over to and keep the unlimited data?

swappa.com. All phone IMEI numbers are verified by the staff before the listing is approved (so you...the buyer know that the phone is not reported as stolen). There are a lot of options there for $200.00.

OP
R

Riddick

Reaction score
Swappa.com appears to be just another eBay style site where you buy someone elses used phone...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Swappa is solid.. Some have new phones in box... BUT $200 though is hard to buy new phone..

One+1

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Some are new, some are used. The inventory changes constantly. I bought my Droid Maxx there brand new. The difference between them and eBay is they check the phone's IMEI so you know you are buying a phone that is guaranteed to activate.

Nick D

Reaction score
My wife and I both have unlimited data so I didn't want to give that up. She needed a new phone to replace her Thunderbolt. I bought hey from off of Swappa & had a good experience. I don't know if you want another one but I know that I have seen Nexus for @$100.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I trust Swappa over any other online site.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

I am not sure what you are looking for. It's going to be hard to find a NEW phone, with good specs for under $200. Swappa is great. Bought 2 phones off of there. Have had no problems with them in the past year...just like new when purchased.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
+1 for Swappa. I've had one bad experience out of about 10 purchases, but it was corrected immediately by the seller.