Woz prefers the Razr, but I prefer the Nexus

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im glad woz found interest in an android device even the razr. Android and verizon has done a great job pushing the envelope and providing customers with more choices. Personally I choose the nexus because it offers the latest os, not loaded with bloatware, not locked down, and it is the smoothest ui I have ever used. There is just sooo many options and ways to tweak the device. The customization is endless and that is without rooting. With root their is no other device out at the moment that can compete in my opinion. The razr is a good device but manufacturers ui with all their bloat and services will always load down the system and prevent it from running as smooth as a clean system. Every day i am learning something new with the nexus and once we see the fix for reception that plagues some users I dont see any flaws left with this device.

So Woz may like the razr but I will continue to rock the nexus. :biggrin: Plus if I want a bigger battery I can always pop in an extended battery. DancingNexus

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yea, I followed the thread over in the Razr section. They were giving each other high fives and back rubs over that article! I said over there that I like the UI that HTC and Moto put on the phones but I HATE that bloat! And every update that Moto would kick out attempted to patch your root access so you had to jump through a bunch of BS hoops. Don't miss those days. It's kind of funny, after having and using this phone for the last month, I just don't see how anyone could choose one of those others over it. (bug free version vs bug free version)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will admit that the razr looks cool. Its the hot new device with a cool name. Dont get me wrong if I did not care about root and the nexus was not on vzw I would choose the razr. But I like the fact that I can do what I want with me device. And I would not have an issue with skins if they left out the bloat and stuff that weigh the system down. I dont see any difference between the skins vs themes ..... The problem isnt the skin its what comes with the skin that is my issue. But again its choice and I have no problem with people liking or choosing the razr. I would rather have a clean device.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
No doubt, take the Nexus out of the mix and I would take any of the other phones no problem!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally, the Razr is completely uncomfortable to hold. Too thin. The Razr MAXX might eliminate that though. However, if I wasn't to get the GNexus, the Rezound would definitely be my phone. I came from the Droid and Droid 3 so I really wouldn't want to go back to the same OS again. If the Droid 4 came with a better screen(at least that of the RAZR)and ICS, that would definitely be my phone. I do miss having a keyboard sometimes. It's just better.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Personally, the Razr is completely uncomfortable to hold. Too thin. The Razr MAXX might eliminate that though. However, if I wasn't to get the GNexus, the Rezound would definitely be my phone. I came from the Droid and Droid 3 so I really wouldn't want to go back to the same OS again. If the Droid 4 came with a better screen(at least that of the RAZR)and ICS, that would definitely be my phone. I do miss having a keyboard sometimes. It's just better.
Agreed, the thing just feels awkward. I got big hands and even that felt way too wide, I don't get how one can navigate that phone with just one hand.:D

Had I not been into rooting and ROMing I probably wouldn't even have upgraded. The Rezound just seemed like a quicker version of my Incredible and the Razr didn't appeal to me, especially with that green tint. Luckily the Nexus and ICS was enough to convince me

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well you chose right because if you want the next generation of android then you gotta get the nexus.:icon_ devil:

prowler85

Reaction score
I'm guessing Woz bought the Razr when it came out and was past his return period with all of the Nexus delays. Probably kicking himself in the shins now what with his bad luck and all missing out on this awesome goodness. Probably used his only upgrade and just can't shell out the $650 off-contract price. Oh well, his loss. :p

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Uhh nooo dude was given one before it was even released from google. He liked the way the razr looked different from the pack.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Agreed, can't hold the Razr because it doesn't feel comfortable.

If the Nexus didn't exist, I'd get the Rezound or wait for the SGSIII.