Excitement vs disappointment

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know. I want this phone but I'm not sure it'll live up to the hype like most other phones have failed to do. For me it has been a confluence of events that have left me kind of sour on LTE and all of these super android phones. For one, there is the cost of these phones themselves. Gotta pay to play as they say but I'm at a point in my life where practicality prevails over my need for the latest and greatest. Coupled with the anti-consumer practices of the carriers, I refuse to buy for unsubsidized device even though I could without a concern for cost. I'll still be paying the same for my service without the benfit of the subsidy. I had gladly been on yearly contracts for several years which helped satiate my need for newer and better but thats no more.

I'm still debating in my mind over getting the iPhone 4S or the Prime. Yes LTE is blazing fast but battery life sucks. Honestly, I'm near WiFi 90% of the time. iPhones typically get two or three major software upgrades but how often do our android phones get that? Look, I love android, I was an early adopter in thouse crappy donut days but The sheer number of phones and disparity have become too much for me. Even if ICS becomes the unifying platform, there will still be different screen sizes, processors etc. How can software truly be optimized that way compared to Apple?

I'll be watching on the 19th to see what launches. Maybe now that I'm approaching 32 I've become a Camry kind of guy who cares more about socking money away for college funds and retirement vs modding my sports car. Is iOS boring? Yes, does it mostly work? I think so. If I never see another force close message it'll be too soon.

I respect your comment and understand truly. Android has improved since the donut days but it still have a ways to go. Yes the ios is a more polished os and because apple have 1 device and a year to build it they can take the time to get the little things right and make sure everything is optimized for that device. The other side is the iphone is basically the same phone and same look. Android offers something different. But its good consumers have a choice and I for one am happy for the iphone's success because a successful competitor will continue to force engineers to improve android in order to compete.

wolstonc

Reaction score
I see the appeal of an iPhone. I used to have a 3GS. I always want the newest thing out, and with an iPhone its easy to get just one a year. Plus their visual vm and city id system is nice, way better than verizons alternative for android. Plus you can say "I have an iPhone" and everyone knows what you have. Can't do that with most android phones. But the iphone just wasn't keeping up with technology for my inner geek. Even now. Releasing a 800 mhz phone with 512 ram, and still 3g. I originally went with android for the 4g, but now I'm glad to have made the switch

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wolstonc

Reaction score
Plus, iphones do come with issues even after spending a year or more to make. See: grip of death

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Android Nexus devices are updated often. More than or equal to iPhone.

The Prime screen is going to be sick. Ever since DroidX I look at the iPhone screen size and feel cramped. Cant even imagine what 4.65" with first HD screen pixel wise, will do to me. The only area I feel there is a possibility for let down is the stock launcher. Luckily ADW EX is already optimized and should run sweet on it. And if you near wifi 90% of the time the 4g battery drain is mute.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Call me a prophet cuz I knew it was coming/

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Call me a prophet cuz I knew it was coming/

2yo4ymf.jpg

brandon9559

Reaction score
Same here,Ive googled this phone everyday just 2 stay on top of the features,so ill @ least no something about her,unlike vzw employees who no nothin about this phone.I asked a rep 2day about this phone and he looks @ me and says-we're not gettin it-i just said ok and walked away.

I am a rep and I know about this phone. Reps are not going to talk much to you about a phone that is not in stock due to the fact that it is a commission job. It doesnt put food on the table talking to people and getting their hopes up on a phone that is not even out yet. However I will say that I know a fellow Android enthusiast when I meet one and in your situation I wouldnt have done you that way, but not all reps are android enthusiasts and will tell you anything to get the sale today.