iphone story-funny (i think)

ntrddragn

Reaction score
as stated in one of my thread im surround at work with iphone users. my dept has 12 ppl, 9 are iphone users, 1 nexus (me) and 2 "basic entry android". i always here 'oh did you know the iphone can do this do that?' i was yeah my droid been doing that. LOL....anyways, one of my co worker stated he doesnt like android because he doesnt like (get this) being force to use Google everything. LOL I said what? Apple does that with iTune. His reply is well its different. I said how? I said im lost with your thought process. (this was yesterday). today...since he updated to the iOS 6 for his 4S, he was able to have voice turn by turn. and was super excited. I said ok? Android has that long ago. and yours sound like a robot and mine doesnt (JB). and my google now still beats your Siri. Of course he typical apple response is yours sound like a robot too. I laugh. I dont hate apple or its users but geeze its gets annoying at time to see how they follow apple and it has no fault. he is getting the iPhone 5 tomorrow or friday (whenever it comes out). just want to vent (not trying bashing anyone or anything). :biggrin:

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Android is in the majority in our shop with a couple of flip phone users (still?) and a couple of Iphone users. Like what you said, the Iphone users are funny. One just doesn't "want to learn or have do a bunch of things" to use the device. The other is into tech - mostly computing- and even had a Droid X that he rommed but went to the Iphone. Now all I hear from him is how much better the Iphone is. Guess he can't see the forest for the trees.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
And the sheep continue to blindly follow. I gave up trying to convince the Apple elitists that Android can do the same. There is no way I could continue that type of conversation without calling them a sheep. I can completely understand why people love Apple products, they're great, but just not my type of product. I've tried everything from the OG iPod to the newest of Macs, and none of it really appeals to me.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
And the sheep continue to blindly follow. I gave up trying to convince the Apple elitists that Android can do the same. There is no way I could continue that type of conversation without calling them a sheep. I can completely understand why people love Apple products, they're great, but just not my type of product. I've tried everything from the OG iPod to the newest of Macs, and none of it really appeals to me.

Exactly. I've done the same. It's people like in the OP's example that make it not worth my time to even argue about it anymore. If you like the fluidity and the feel of the operating system. Awesome. If you like the way it integrates with your iTunes seemlessly. Great. But making up reasons like "I don't want to be forced to use Google everything" is ridiculous...An Apple user complaining about Android locking you into something is about as ironic as it gets.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I just sit pretty.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Out of the 7 other guys I work with, 6 of us are Android...4 Galaxy Nexus, an S2 and an S3. The other two guys are iPhone users. Today they got their notification about iOS6. That thing is a 600 MB download!

pool_shark

Reaction score
Come on people grow up.

Apple invented the internet, HDTV, the automobile, air, fire, the sun, etc.
You name it Apple did it first, so of course iPhone users are ecstatic when it gets brand new functionality that has been around for years.

droidfellow

Reaction score
I was just talking with a radio shack rep that just got his iphone 5 and he was so amazed how the lightning plug could plugin both was. He was like check this out....I just smiled.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was just talking with a radio shack rep that just got his iphone 5 and he was so amazed how the lightning plug could plugin both was. He was like check this out....I just smiled.

What a feature!!! (roll eyes)

It's amazing how Apple has so many people fooled. They were telling me how awesome this iPhone was going to be and that I should ditch my Nexus. I said why? They said 4G LTE, navigation, a 4 inch screen! I laughed. I've had that since last Christmas on my Nexus.

gernerttl

Reaction score
as stated in one of my thread im surround at work with iphone users. my dept has 12 ppl, 9 are iphone users, 1 nexus (me) and 2 "basic entry android". i always here 'oh did you know the iphone can do this do that?' i was yeah my droid been doing that. LOL....anyways, one of my co worker stated he doesnt like android because he doesnt like (get this) being force to use Google everything. LOL I said what? Apple does that with iTune. His reply is well its different. I said how? I said im lost with your thought process. (this was yesterday). today...since he updated to the iOS 6 for his 4S, he was able to have voice turn by turn. and was super excited. I said ok? Android has that long ago. and yours sound like a robot and mine doesnt (JB). and my google now still beats your Siri. Of course he typical apple response is yours sound like a robot too. I laugh. I dont hate apple or its users but geeze its gets annoying at time to see how they follow apple and it has no fault. he is getting the iPhone 5 tomorrow or friday (whenever it comes out). just want to vent (not trying bashing anyone or anything). :biggrin:

I got the same response too. Its's amazing how intelligent people's critical thinking skills disappear when they see the Apple logo.

You want to know how to get under an Apple user's skin...just call them a Kool-Aid drinker.

Reaction score
what's the story with that new turn by turn? the iphone 5 doesn't ave a gps does it? i know it's 3d, but does it work good? and how much does apple gouge you for the navigation service lol

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
what's the story with that new turn by turn? the iphone 5 doesn't ave a gps does it? i know it's 3d, but does it work good? and how much does apple gouge you for the navigation service lol

I think the first iPhone was the only iPhone that didn't have GPS, in some form or another (I think they use aGPS).

Now, navigation is a little different story, I am sure they have apps to achieve this.

Do their maps work properly? From the amount of flaming I have seen them receive due to this feature, I am going to guess no. There have been some humorous glitches with the 3D. Directions being wrong, or very weird directions (like it apparently doesn't know about bridges in some cases, and requests that you find a boat to get across a body of water even though there is a bridge in the picture). The maps aren't as detailed, and lack a lot of locations that google maps, or other maps seem to have. ( 9GAG - So, I heard you like Apple Maps. <-- just some examples tons more exist).

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Directions being wrong, or very weird directions (like it apparently doesn't know about bridges in some cases, and requests that you find a boat to get across a body of water even though there is a bridge in the picture).

this makes LMAO...request you find a boat. hahahaha.."please get out of the car and find a ferry.":biggrin: