Reception on the GNEX and location does matter.. and a funny story about iphones too!

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Well since I got my gnex reception has been crappy at home and at work (Garner and Cary NC) when I am using 4g it has been in locations inside of buildings on the first floor.

Well our company just recently merged with another one that is on the north side of Raleigh and on the third floor and I have been loving it on 4g there a full set of bars constantly.

Now for the funny part for the last 2 days anybody that has an iphone on 3g that comes to our building from another part of the city loses their data connection (quite obviously a problem with the tower) Whats even funnier is my boss comes over because he is told that the crew that I am with and myself have caused the outage (really funny because we are only working on the lan in the building and we have nothing to do with Verizon in any way) we have a little fun ribbing that we go back and forth about iphones and androids.

Once he arrives his iphone drops data (With me totally laughing my ass off at him) I held up my gnex with full bars and 4g of course he disclaims that it is a 3g problem so I switch it over to CDMA..... still a full set of bars. needless to say most everybody that is moving into the office that has iphones are blowing up Verizon's help line's but Verizon admits nada.

Quite obviously at this time it all depends on where you are at and what tower you are connected to as to the reliability of big reds network. Which to me is a very sad statement within itself, hopefully they can get the consistency back that I have come to depend on over the years.

Don't take back your gnex just yet other people are having problems as well.

OP
DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
[video=youtube;A9peZ5WOtL0]http://youtu.be/A9peZ5WOtL0[/video]

samiusmc

Reaction score
I'm not having any problems at all with my Rezound. I get an awesome signal everywhere.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not having any problems at all with my Rezound. I get an awesome signal everywhere.

Funny...I don't think the Rezound was mentioned once in the OP...We get it. You're satisfied with your swap to the Rezound from the Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

samiusmc

Reaction score
Funny...I don't think the Rezound was mentioned once in the OP...We get it. You're satisfied with your swap to the Rezound from the Nexus.

Although the Rezound wasn't mentioned, OP did mention that other people were having problems. I just wanted to make clear that I'm not having any problems with my Rezound.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Although the Rezound wasn't mentioned, OP did mention that other people were having problems. I just wanted to make clear that I'm not having any problems with my Rezound.

And there are plenty of Nexus owners without issues as well. Trust me, you've made it very clear you like the Rezound (nearly every one of your recent posts has hyped it and trashed the Nexus). You are entitled to your opinion but it doesn't need to be stated constantly in the Nexus forums.

gthotie5

Reaction score
I get good signal everywhere I go with my nexus.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

rctp10

Reaction score

I just want to make clear as well that i have not had any issues with my GNex. DancingNexus

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I came for the reception, but stayed for the iPhone story. ;)

combatmedic870

Reaction score
i have problems with my g nex compared to the rezound i used to have....tis life though.

BTW.....4.0.3 update coming soon with a new base band....I hope for the best! Verizon has told me numerous times that it will be coming out in January. DancingNexus

OP
DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I am still secretly laughing my ass off at the itards today.

Verizon still hasn't fixed the tower yet, the people with the iPhones are calling the help line at vzw and getting nowhere.

Then they see me on my gnex tapping away on the same network and ask what network I am on.

Not only do I tell them but do a speed test.

13 mb. Both ways...

You can almost feel the steam coming out from their uppity white collars.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

captdroid

Reaction score
And there are plenty of Nexus owners without issues as well. Trust me, you've made it very clear you like the Rezound (nearly every one of your recent posts has hyped it and trashed the Nexus). You are entitled to your opinion but it doesn't need to be stated constantly in the Nexus forums.

Your best bet is to ignore samiusmc. There is no reasoning with that guy his incessant posts over and over how great his Rezound is in the Gnex forum is silly at best.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sam and syndicate I suggest you two stop. I do recall both of you had warnings before....Capt, your post only instigates so I suggest you be careful with your comments as well.

Back on topic, I've never had issues with my signal. I know that signal is a common issue with the nexus but I'm lucky I guess. :)

captdroid

Reaction score
Sam and syndicate I suggest you two stop. I do recall both of you had warnings before....Capt, your post only instigates so I suggest you be careful with your comments as well.

Back on topic, I've never had issues with my signal. I know that signal is a common issue with the nexus but I'm lucky I guess. :)

Sorry I was simply trying to help the situation by mentioning to folks best to ignore. Perhaps a warning to the instigator can be done.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sorry I was simply trying to help the situation by mentioning to folks best to ignore. Perhaps a warning to the instigator can be done.
All good:)

Devin, you still have a job after laughing at your boss about his phone?!:D