Best shots yet of Motorola Droid 2 & Boot Animation

J

JohnDroid

motorola-droid-2-s1.jpg

Droid Life has once again posted some great pictures of the Motorola Droid 2. In this picture we can see the slide-out keyboard and how the "chin" won't be exposed as in the older Droid which was a bit "clunky". The newer version looks very sleek and ergonamic.

In addition, they posted up a full boot animation.

[video=youtube;cr-qScFtDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr-qScFtDIA]YouTube - Exclusive: Motorola Droid 2 Boot Animation[/video]

I must say the boot animation looks great and really fits the "Droid" mold of the old red eye and brings up the tech level a little bit. These are the "leaked" specs of the Motorola Droid 2.

• Android 2.1 (unless Verizon pumps out a last minute 2.2 update to it)
  • 3.7″ screen
  • 750MHz OMAP processor
  • Wi-Fi tethering
  • 8GB internal
  • 8GB SD card preinstalled
  • Updated keyboard
  • 5MP camera
  • New version of Motoblur
  • No HDMI port
  • No front facing camera

Feel free to discuss!

(Source: Exclusive: First Photos of the Motorola Droid 2 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog)

OP
J

JohnDroid

I wonder if it's time for us to start creating Droid 2 categories here? :)

OP
J

Johnly

That is a great looking phone, but is it enough to upgrade to it? Everything looks the same except wifi and a different keyboard. Love the boot animation, tho

ipawd1

Reaction score
No thank you. They WONT get my hyped up like they did the Blackberry Storm 2 when I had the first version. I'll wait until the 2ghz Motorola, or one with a front facing camera. I'll pass.

OP
J

JohnDroid

I expect this to be a "small refresh" of the Droid. I think Verizon is still selling the crap out of the Droid and if they can use this "updated" version that fixes a few pet peeves that some customers have then more power to them.

No need to upgrade to it but consider it like a 2nd year car-model refresh... a few small fixes and perks but not worth trading your car in for ;)

ipawd1

Reaction score
I also like how they claim the chin wont be exposed....only to find out that the main screen will now have a chin as well.

#buttface

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Its just a glorified Motorola Droid 1 with a little bit of updated specs.

• Wi-Fi tethering
  • 8GB internal
  • Updated keyboard
These are the ONLY differences between this and the original Droid. Not worth it in my opinion.

ipawd1

Reaction score
is this their way of forcing MotoBLUR on us? If the Incredible 2 was by Moto would they call it INCREDIBLUR?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Looks cool but I think they should have waited and made the Droid 2 later on down the road. This just looks like any other phone like they've been releasing every few months...

littlerick

Reaction score
Its just a glorified Motorola Droid 1 with a little bit of updated specs.

• Wi-Fi tethering
  • 8GB internal
  • Updated keyboard
These are the ONLY differences between this and the original Droid. Not worth it in my opinion.

you forgot the slightly faster processor. how is it a new version of motoblur, droid 1 doesnt have motoblur

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sad to say but i'm looking to replace my Droid, hopefully with another Droid. This is my second Droid that's having tech issues (this time the aux jack is broken) and I'm looking to use it for movies/music soon.

Wonder if Verizon will let me upgrade to Droid 2 once it comes out...

Asterisk

Reaction score
I don't really see a reason to upgrade either. The only reason I would is because the Droid 2 seems faster. That boot animation was fast. I would wait like everyone else said until something way better comes out.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it becomes available when I'm eligible for a new phone in September and I can afford it I might. Have to admit it doesn't appear too terribly different then droid.