Best shots yet of Motorola Droid 2 & Boot Animation

spawn9859

Reaction score
Its just a glorified Motorola Droid 1 with a little bit of updated specs.

• Wi-Fi tethering
  • 8GB internal
  • Updated keyboard
  • New version of Motoblur
These are the ONLY differences between this and the original Droid. Not worth it in my opinion.

you forgot the slightly faster processor. how is it a new version of motoblur, droid 1 doesnt have motoblur

They posted this is a different version of blur. This one is supposedly less intrusive.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not enough of a leap for me to switch from my Droid 1.

Gonna wait it out and hope for a 2ghz Droid :)

hellfire

Reaction score
Wifi Tethering can be had by a simple app download in the market. So really, there are three, pretty much useless updates.

No thanks.

cuzzinz

Reaction score
I know we all love our droids and it will be hard to let go.

It also seems like the droid2 is not going to be much of an upgrade.

Take note... the specs on the new droid2 seems sneakily similar to the Moto Shadow/Extreme.

If that is the case... and you have ever run Quadrant on your droid you will know that the moto shadow with Ninja blur (which the droid2 is suppose to get too) is going to be CRAZY FAST!

The moto shadow on quadrant with 2.1 on it scores almost as well as the 1ghz nexus one with 2.2 on it.

So if you put that into consideration... the droid2 is going to be FAST! From what I know just scouring the internet... i believe the shadow has some great benchmark scores is because of its graphics processor.

So if you look at it that way... a Motorola Droid2 or a Shadow may actually have the potential to be even faster than than a droid overclocked to 1GHz on 2.2.

Not a bad deal if ask me. Can keep it stock and get better battery life... or overclock and prepare to take over the world! muahahaha!

:-D

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Motoblur is a total deal breaker I'd rather use smoke signals than touch that trash! Way to brick it motorola....

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
With the fact that it its so similar I wonder if this will be a replacement for the current droid as opposed to a completely new model.

wonsae

Reaction score
OMAP 3630 is a good enough upgrade for me and it's a 45mm so more battery yay.

WPThunder25

Reaction score
Not enough for me to upgrade. Don't like Motoblur and 750mhz is not enough. Too bad I need a keyboard and most phones are sticking to all touch. I guess I will be waiting longer than I intended to to get a new phone.