New Motorola Droid 2 pics

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
As much as I wanted a keyboard, If I had to choose it would be the Xtreme.

Keys should be easier to type on; keyboard looks wider and raised keys. That cpu..... if its the omap3630 its def a good buy still over whats available right now, even with it clocked at 'only' 750Mhz. For those who dont have a Droid or Inc it will be very interesting what ppl choose.

I think the Droid Pro has spoiled everyone.....lol After the lil glimpse of the Pro, I'm not geting either the Droid 2 or the Xtreme....maybe the Xtreme, but def not the Droid 2.

jrl9851

Reaction score
I'd buy an iphone 4 before I bought this.

Eh...that made my stomach sick when I said that. :(

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I was wondering why the Droid 2 "prototype" was being released so quickly. It is an upgrade, but not as significant of an upgrade as it should be.

I thought Droid 2 would have at least a 1Ghz processor along with some better specs. A little disappointed, but with the Droid not even a year old yet and the 2nd prototype leaked already, not too surprised it's not a very significant upgrade.

Looks more like a release to please the people who complained of the keyboard, and possibly some who have lag issues.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be funny, but this should be offered to current Droid owners at rock bottom prices if u still on a contract or still have your receipt, proof of purchase.

Varking

Reaction score
I don't really see it as all that much of an upgrade. No HDMI port, no front-facing camera, and not even a 1ghz processor when they just announced a Motorola Phone that will have a 2ghz? This will not be my next phone I guess.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Not trying to be funny, but this should be offered to current Droid owners at rock bottom prices if u still on a contract or still have your receipt, proof of purchase.

That wont happen. You bought the device you got and that's the one you will continue with unless you upgrade.

Wayyy Back when i bought the LG Voyager , a month later a newer version of the LG Voyager (titanium) came out and nothing i could do about it. Its just the way the mobile phone industry works.

NVash

Reaction score
Are they serious? I was really looking forward to the Droid 2 but now, not so much. They still have that 5MP camera? Please tell me they at least perfected it and arent going to try to give us the same mess twice. And even then, I dont want to compare but cmon, the new iPhone has 8MP and a video chat option. I dont remember if it has a front facing camera or not but I do know its coming out on new phones. I thought these guys were seriously competing. A minute ago they had Apple sweating bullets and now Steve Jobs is probably in his room laughing his behind off.

Whats up with the MotoBlur hate? Thats one thing Id actually love to have on my Droid. I wish theyd release it as an app.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^....lets wait til we see some newer pics of the Xtreme before we say that.....I think that one will have Apple looking out the corner of their eye. If not that one, def the Droid Pro.

kpiskin

Reaction score
I really like that another android phone will be out there with a keyboard, but I was hoping for a better camera, 1GHz CPU and 4"+ screen.

Droids

Reaction score
Well I think you're stuck with the 3.7 screen, although it's still a kick-ass screen. I'd wait some more before passing final judgment on the Droid 2. I doubt that pic is showing the final production model.

Ej4

Reaction score
Probably a replacement for the original Droid, stop selling the Droid and replace it with this one.

I H8 5_0 Stangs

Reaction score
I would almost guarantee that the droid 2 will be running 2.2 when it is released. I just can't see it being released with 7 month old software, especially because by the time this phone is released in July, 2.2 will have been out for 2 months.

Things i noticed that no one else has mentioned, the camera is slightly different, the LED flash looks bigger than the Current Droid, and the back side underneath the camera is now one solid piece, which does make it look better.

As far as the keyboard, the dedicated voice search and back button hard keys are a welcomed addition, but losing the Shift key on the right side is something i will have to get used to if i upgrade because I always use it on my Droid 1.

Also with the new lip covering the right side of the phone, it appears that it covers up the microphone now, which draws some concern.

I wouldn't count this phone out yet.

It's definitely a let down especially with the iphone 4 getting introduced. But if the keyboard is a lot easier to use (I don't even mind the current droids keyboard) and if it does run noticeably faster/smoother than the Droid 1, and maybe the battery life is extended, I would say it could be worth the upgrade.

I may be wrong, but i don't think the droid 1 has an optional extended battery...

Its hands down the best phone on the market with a physical keyboard, something that is a huge selling point for me.

i agree with the post above me that this could very well not be the "droid 2" and instead is just a minor refresh that will quietly replace the current droid in verizons inventory.

mach330

Reaction score
Are they serious? I was really looking forward to the Droid 2 but now, not so much. They still have that 5MP camera? Please tell me they at least perfected it and arent going to try to give us the same mess twice. And even then, I dont want to compare but cmon, the new iPhone has 8MP and a video chat option. I dont remember if it has a front facing camera or not but I do know its coming out on new phones. I thought these guys were seriously competing. A minute ago they had Apple sweating bullets and now Steve Jobs is probably in his room laughing his behind off.

Whats up with the MotoBlur hate? Thats one thing Id actually love to have on my Droid. I wish theyd release it as an app.

iphone is 5MP not 8. that's the dinc.

pilot25

Reaction score
Has HTC incorporated a multi-touch virtual keyboard or is it part of the Google software?

The hardware keyboard would be a non-sell if Google would code multi-touch in their keyboards like the iphone.

This is a major Moto failure.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would almost guarantee that the droid 2 will be running 2.2 when it is released. I just can't see it being released with 7 month old software, especially because by the time this phone is released in July, 2.2 will have been out for 2 months.

Things i noticed that no one else has mentioned, the camera is slightly different, the LED flash looks bigger than the Current Droid, and the back side underneath the camera is now one solid piece, which does make it look better.

As far as the keyboard, the dedicated voice search and back button hard keys are a welcomed addition, but losing the Shift key on the right side is something i will have to get used to if i upgrade because I always use it on my Droid 1.

Also with the new lip covering the right side of the phone, it appears that it covers up the microphone now, which draws some concern.

I wouldn't count this phone out yet.

It's definitely a let down especially with the iphone 4 getting introduced. But if the keyboard is a lot easier to use (I don't even mind the current droids keyboard) and if it does run noticeably faster/smoother than the Droid 1, and maybe the battery life is extended, I would say it could be worth the upgrade.

I may be wrong, but i don't think the droid 1 has an optional extended battery...

Its hands down the best phone on the market with a physical keyboard, something that is a huge selling point for me.

i agree with the post above me that this could very well not be the "droid 2" and instead is just a minor refresh that will quietly replace the current droid in verizons inventory.

Now, I could see that. They already quietly tried a keyboard revision with not too many ppl knowing about it.