Best replacement extended battery?

devortiz06

Reaction score
What is the best extended battery for the droid incredible? I have had my droid incredible since last december. The battery life has never been very good but it seems to be getting much worse recently (today after 5.5 hours I have 69% left with relatively little use and juice defender running the whole time). My phone currently has the 1300 mah battery it came with. I have heard of people using extended batteries that don't allow the back of the phone to attach, and some that just don't add much life. Which one do you think is best? I know that there are lots of posts about this but I am very busy with college and work so I don't have time to do much searching right now, stopping midday to charge my phone every day is also a big inconvenience.

hotdog12

Reaction score
I got the Seidio 3500 battery for my Dinc. I typically have 55-65% power left after 16 hours. Been using it since December and consider it absolutely essential for this cool device.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
D

devortiz06

Reaction score
I got the Seidio 3500 battery for my Dinc. I typically have 55-65% power left after 16 hours. Been using it since December and consider it absolutely essential for this cool device.

How does it do now compared to when you first got it? Most of the negative reviews on amazon.com say that it worked well for 1-3 months then quickly degraded to be no better than the stock battery. Your numbers still look much better than mine, but was there a big drop since you first got it?

hotdog12

Reaction score
Not at all. I can't speak for the other users, but this battery seems to hold a charge just as well as it did when I bought it nine months ago.

I leave everything on, too. WiFi, sync, location and do not use any battery saver apps. Straight, unrooted Dinc.

The only thing that really cuts battery life is actively using Google GPS when driving. Then I power it from the car's power socket.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've used the 2150 OEM HTC extended battery for a little over a year and have been impressed by it the entire time. Do you use a case on your Inc? With extended batteries the original case won't fit.

hotdog12

Reaction score
The Seidio 3500 mAh battery comes with a new back for the phone. The Seidio is maybe 2X as thick as the stock battery.

kck

Reaction score
I purchased the HTC 2150 w/cover a year ago and it works like it did on day one. I leave everything on all the time and if I use it alot playing games such as angry birds it will go dead after 16 hours but if normal use I can get two days easy. I charge every night but I have forgot and made it two days. I am always in dead zones in the country so my phone is searching for a signal alot and the stock battery would not make it till noon and that is without using 3G and turning everything off. I don't know how long my 2150 might last with a good signal.

DaBoyWonder

Reaction score
I also have the Seidio 3500 and have had mixed results. Im not going to knock the battery, this is more for any possible help.

I received my first 3500 and for about a month or so I was beyond thrilled. I would get about 3 days between charges, and that was with me using it generously. After the month, the battery stopped holding a charge, and would literally nosedive upon disconnecting it from the charger. I went from 3 days to - no joke - about 10 minutes. I returned the battery and received a replacement.
The second battery was actually too short and didnt fit in my phone properly, and so it was difficult to charge, and my phone would just shut off because it would lose contact with the battery connectors. This went on for a week, and then I returned it and got a replacement.
The exact same thing happened with the third battery that happened with my first one. Worked awesomely for a month or so, and then it just tanked again. I returned the battery, and received a replacement.
The fourth battery was returned the day after I received it because it wouldnt charge at all. Just refused. I tried multiple times, and nothing. Back it went.
Im currently on my fifth battery, bought it back in July, and again, it was awesome. Was getting 3 days between charges, again with liberal use, not having to worry about turning anything off (although I did download Juice Defender). Then about a week ago I noticed that I was losing about 30% of my charge in about the first hour after it was unplugged from the charger. I started watching my usage, but it didnt matter, it would continue to go down steadily. I still get about a full days worth of use out of it, but thats with moderate use, gps off, etc.

Each time Ive had this problem, Ive contacted Seidio and they told me to return it and get a new one. But as I told them, thats not really solving the core problem.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any/all suggestions are welcome.

kck

Reaction score
I also have the Seidio 3500 and have had mixed results. Im not going to knock the battery, this is more for any possible help.

I received my first 3500 and for about a month or so I was beyond thrilled. I would get about 3 days between charges, and that was with me using it generously. After the month, the battery stopped holding a charge, and would literally nosedive upon disconnecting it from the charger. I went from 3 days to - no joke - about 10 minutes. I returned the battery and received a replacement.
The second battery was actually too short and didnt fit in my phone properly, and so it was difficult to charge, and my phone would just shut off because it would lose contact with the battery connectors. This went on for a week, and then I returned it and got a replacement.
The exact same thing happened with the third battery that happened with my first one. Worked awesomely for a month or so, and then it just tanked again. I returned the battery, and received a replacement.
The fourth battery was returned the day after I received it because it wouldnt charge at all. Just refused. I tried multiple times, and nothing. Back it went.
Im currently on my fifth battery, bought it back in July, and again, it was awesome. Was getting 3 days between charges, again with liberal use, not having to worry about turning anything off (although I did download Juice Defender). Then about a week ago I noticed that I was losing about 30% of my charge in about the first hour after it was unplugged from the charger. I started watching my usage, but it didnt matter, it would continue to go down steadily. I still get about a full days worth of use out of it, but thats with moderate use, gps off, etc.

Each time Ive had this problem, Ive contacted Seidio and they told me to return it and get a new one. But as I told them, thats not really solving the core problem.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any/all suggestions are welcome.

When I purchased my HTC 2150 a year ago I did a lot of research into batteries because I wanted to get the best battery I could. I ran across alot of complaints just like yours with all of the aftermarket batteries. They just did not hold up over the long run and even starting out the 3500 only had a very slim edge over the OEM HTC 2150.