Using regular battery in extended back

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if I put a soft piece of foam between the normal battery and the extended back if it will cause problems. Just large enough to stop the battery from popping loose.I like the feel of the phone with 2150 back ok, will be taking the normal battery with me on long outings but don't want to worry about losing the back or breaking it plus just don't want to take it. My only concern is heat not dissipating from the battery as even open cell foam holds heat
Anybody else carrying just 1 back?
If so how do you keep normal battery secure in the phone with extended battery back?
Thanks

sent from my Incredible via Tapatalk

chartle

Reaction score
I would just use maybe four pieces of craft foam at the corners. That way its not completely covered.

I don't know if the air gap would hurt or help the heat situation.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was thinking help, I've got some open cell foam from one of the kids toy mics I was going to use at the top and bottom in 2 places

chartle

Reaction score
I was thinking help, I've got some open cell foam from one of the kids toy mics I was going to use at the top and bottom in 2 places

Should be OK as long as its firm enough. I use craft foam a lot because its dense and doesn't compress much.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
foam is fine, the heat is going to transfer no matter what.

Yes but foam is a good insulator of heat so its going to take longer hence the battery may overheat.
Thanks. I've got some different types of foam sitting around, just figured a looser weave would work better. Didn't think about softness would need to be compressed, eliminating the benefit if looser weave.4 corners about 1/8" I'm thinking should do it
Thanks again

E

Emtronics

Buy another regular battery. When traveling, take the regular battery and the back and keep an extra with you. When home, switch back to the 2150 and extended back. No foam, extra battery, no problem.