Gorilla Gadgets 3500 mah extended battery

OP
E

ericFuels999

Reaction score
So far, so good. It's been off the charger since last night - definitely going to need calibrating, as the meter already reads 60% w/ moderate usage, but I'm just happy it seems to be tracking consistently and isn't giving me the dreaded "?" in the battery bar. I plan to run it until it's dead and charge it fully to calibrate it. My old Droid Eris took a few recharge cycles with the Seidio 3500 before it tracked the battery correctly, and even then it would get stuck at 5% for a disproportionate amount of time. It's just kind of something you have to get used to with these gargantuan-sized batteries that are sold at cutthroat prices. Small price to pay for the capacity, if you ask me.

Oh, and I don't have a camera other than the one on my X. I could point it in a mirror, I suppose, but the quality would be worse than what a user already posted before me, so it's not really worth it. I think his pictures give you about the best impression you can get aside from actually holding one.

dominick_7

Reaction score
So far, so good. It's been off the charger since last night - definitely going to need calibrating, as the meter already reads 60% w/ moderate usage, but I'm just happy it seems to be tracking consistently and isn't giving me the dreaded "?" in the battery bar. I plan to run it until it's dead and charge it fully to calibrate it. My old Droid Eris took a few recharge cycles with the Seidio 3500 before it tracked the battery correctly, and even then it would get stuck at 5% for a disproportionate amount of time. It's just kind of something you have to get used to with these gargantuan-sized batteries that are sold at cutthroat prices. Small price to pay for the capacity, if you ask me.

Oh, and I don't have a camera other than the one on my X. I could point it in a mirror, I suppose, but the quality would be worse than what a user already posted before me, so it's not really worth it. I think his pictures give you about the best impression you can get aside from actually holding one.

Sounds good.. hmm which to get. How many hours/days can you go with heavy use?

mrmooney

Reaction score
any updates?
I just got one from ebay, working on calibrating it now but so far i am not impressed.

Getsome122

Reaction score
Me thinks with no possibility of getting any case to fit over that thing that I will pass and go with two standard batteries.

DX- rooted, strapped, deodexed,OC'd, and themed how I like it...

Would fit fine in a Nutshell case. I use their number 205 for the Verizon extended battery currently but it will fit with any of these extended batteries.

Will look into that one. Thanks

rcglider

Reaction score
I wonder if someone could modify the code in a rooted phone to calibrate for the 3500 battery.

Does the phone turn off based on the percentage shown on the meter or measurements of the actual amperage?

dominick_7

Reaction score
Me thinks with no possibility of getting any case to fit over that thing that I will pass and go with two standard batteries.

Would fit fine in a Nutshell case. I use their number 205 for the Verizon extended battery currently but it will fit with any of these extended batteries.

Will look into that one. Thanks

Coolbeans. From what I understand, if you decide to get one dont get the mag/magnet flap because magnets messs with the screen. Velcro size, fastener, or anything else is the way to go. I personally got the velcro flap, pen holder, mini pocket and strap but its pricey. The good thing is it'll last and qill likely fit most/all smartphones around this size.