Best Call Quality on Verizon?

houndsoflove

Reaction score
New to the forum here, hello!

I'm looking to get a new phone on Verizon. I currently have a first-generation iPhone (a dinosaur, I know) on AT&T, and after dealing with 3.5 years of TERRIBLE call quality, I'm looking for a phone that doesn't have that issue. Currently debating between iPhone 4, Droid X, Droid Incredible, and possibly a BB. I was going to wait for the TBolt, but with all the delays I think I just need to bite the bullet and get a new phone now. In your opinion, which smartphone on Verizon has the best call quality (I live in Brooklyn, New York)?

Thanks for your help,
Adam

dan.dar

Reaction score
In my experience Motorola usually has the best call quality, but that's between LG, Samsung and Kyocera. I don't have experience with apple and blackberry, though I'd think that a staple of the businessworld that is a Blackberry would have a stellar voice quality.

You have not mentioned other uses. I think if you upgrade to new iphone you will retain your apps. No? That's the case with Palm and Android.

R

RETG

My experience has been BB and Motorola are about the same for call quality. HTC are ok. But when adding in the factor of the signal strength, HTC do not pull in a signal where a Motorola or BB can, and forget about Samsung, they drop signals where others keep them.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good luck assessing this. There aren't clear cut metrics or universal testing for this sort of thing. You're just going to get a bunch of opinions the matter. You'll have better luck trying the options out for yourself.