Best bluetooth ear piece, or earbuds W/mic?

Reaction score
what would you reccomend as the best Bluetooth ear peice, or wired mic with earbuds that is compatible with the bionic.

Reaction score
I have the Blue Ant q2. It works fine. Voice quality is awesome on both ends. But that noise cancel gimmick is crap. It absolutely does not work!!!!!

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I've been using my old Jawbone Icon. I've gone through a lot of bluetooth earpieces, but I like this one the best. It's clear and loud and you can even pipe through music and game sounds from your phone. I've used it to play on my phone during conferences. It just looked like I was wearing a bluetooth and texting, but I was having a Goldrush field day my phone. Plus, it's small and you have the option of wearing it in-ear (my preferred choice) or it comes with a hook to loop around your ear.

69copo

Reaction score
I used to have the Plantronics 925 that I used with my D/X2 and I loved it. I've since given that to my wife and am now using the Droid Command One and WOW! This is by far the best Bluetooth headset I have ever used and would recommend it to anyone who asks. Call quality is fantastic and the battery is great! 4hrs talk and 7 days standby. The only thing I miss from my old Plantronics was the charging/carrying case but it's not the end of the world. It's fits in your ear which is what I like and it automatically plays video and audio when connected. The noise cancellation is great and unlike the Jawbone you don't have to have a button touching your face to have it work. Sorry Lakilaulea I'm just sayin.

Last edited:

shobe

Reaction score
I've had a ton of bluetooth earpieces that were just crap. The jabra wave has been the best I've ever had. It's really clear, has great range, and a really good battery life. I hardly know it's on 1/2 the time.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The best bluetooth I've used for listening to music and the occasional phone call is:Sony DRBT100CX Ear Bud Style Stereo Bluetooth Headset. If you want wired I would recommend the bose earbuds with microphone.

Good luck.

tedankel

Reaction score
Bought the Command One with phone. Have gone through many BT earpieces w/other cell phones;this one works as good or better than the rest (Jaw Bones, other Motorola devices). The audible features to "Answer", or "Ignore" as well as the reading out of incoming call number/person and text messages are great. Now looking for a stereo BT headset with same capability.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I used to have the Plantronics 925 that I used with my D/X2 and I loved it. I've since given that to my wife and am now using the Droid Command One and WOW! This is by far the best Bluetooth headset I have ever used and would recommend it to anyone who asks. Call quality is fantastic and the battery is great! 4hrs talk and 7 days standby. The only thing I miss from my old Plantronics was the charging/carrying case but it's not the end of the world. It's fits in your ear which is what I like and it automatically plays video and audio when connected. The noise cancellation is great and unlike the Jawbone you don't have to have a button touching your face to have it work. Sorry Lakilaulea I'm just sayin.

I too recommend the moto command 1 bluetooth headset!
I do a lot of product testing on the road and to date, I have found no better product. as far as in the ear stereo inline mic headset , I have found the ZaGG smart buds to be incredible!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

HorsePony

Reaction score
There are different reasons one needs bluetooth earbuds.
Just talking....or for activity (workouts).

I was watching this thread and taking notes, checking out reviews on Amazon on everyone's recommendation. I was looking to replace my original Jawbone as it's getting up there in age. Spent about 4-5 days researching when the decision was made for me. My buddy went out and bought me a pair of the $99 Jaybird Freedoms (wireless, bluetooth, dual earbud w/ mic). He had bought them for me for my birthday just before the Chicago Marathon. I ended up using them for the marathon and throughout 26 miles of running, they never slipped out. They have this interesting "fin" along with the earbud that keeps in firmly in your ear (with an optional earhook to add on if you want additional stability).

I'm half Asian and Asian ears are notoriously known to not be able to accommodate standard earbuds. More often than not, they just fall out and far too easily. In the past I always needed an earhook or else the earbuds would just be a flat out no-go for me. With these, I don't even need the earhooks, and that's pretty damn amazing.

Call quality is nice. Used them on a 20 min call just the other night. No problems hearing the caller and I made note to ask twice at different times if they could hear me ok. They had no issues.

This is a good bluetooth for the active workout type (if you just want one to talk and that's it, there are other choices out there), handling both casual chatting as well as listening to music from your phone without the need for cords. SOUND quality was SO much more than I expected, really.

Not sure what the OP was needing them for, so I decided to toss in the possibility for workouts as well.

- HP

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Sony makes a pretty good one (Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800) and Amazon is selling them for pretty cheap. The sound quality for music playback is really good, as is phone call quality. I just ordered these and they came in yesterday. I used them for running in the mornings and for earbuds, they stay put really well. The only thing that's not so good is the proprietary charger. It's really weird and charging them for the first time had me confused. But it synced up easily with my Bionic and handles voice commands well.