BB V0.4 versus Lithium Mod Comparison

theplantman

Reaction score
I know ill be sorry for asking tbis but what exactly is touchdown?

It is an app that syncs your Outlook exchange 2003 and up to your phone but gives you full functionality as far as email, contacts, calander, tasks etc... I would be lost without it for work! Just go to the market to check it out.

Reaction score
I have noticed the same thing with my phone. I loaded Lithium Mod and my signal sucked and I have the new baseband. As soon as I went back to the last version of Kangerade it worked just fine. Maybe I will try again with the older baseband. Let me know if that worked for you. I also found with Lithium that I couldn't uninstall the cardock. I tried but everytime I would try it always says failed. I was driving for 14 hours yesterday with lithium and I was using the navigator app and then I would try to run pandora at the same time. Anytime the lady would talk and tell me to turn it shut off pandora and I would have to reload the app. Once Pandora was reloaded that would shut off navigator so I couldn't use both at the same time. So I used his cube music app that I love with navigator and it worked ok, but about two hours into the drive with my phone plugged into the charger I noticed that my battery was down to 30%. It didn't show that it was charging but when I would unplug it the % of battery life would show up and when I would plug it back in then the % would go away. I restored the last version of Kangerade and it started working fine. Do you guys think I just need to reinstall Lithium and do a data wipe three times or do you think it is something with the ROM. I also wanted to ask about the data wipe and clear cache three times thing. Do you need to wipe data reboot and then repeat that process three times or can you just stay in recovery and wipe three times and then reboot? Sorry for the long post.

I just reloaded Lithium Mod and here is the process I used to do it and have good signal and this assumes that you have some experience in this:
1. Reboot into recovery.
2. Wipe data and cache three times each.
3. Install the Rom in your choice of install ( I use SPRecovery as this is the only one that has worked in a while- Clockwork always installs broken).
4. After Rom has finished install and Apps have reloaded move the 2.1 Baseband to the sd card and rename to update.zip.
5. Install old baseband and reboot.
6. Activate Phone.

This actually gave me good signal on Lithium Mod. I have found that if I do not clear Data and Cache between roms I have horrible problems including the signal issue. I loaded the DroidX theme on BB v0.4 and lost signal as well, loading the old baseband helped. I know people have said that it does not change between roms but this is not what I am seeing.
As for the Pandora and Navigation Issue I don't know since I have never tried that with Lithium Mod. Hope this helps

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just out of curiosty about the title of this thread I installed LithiumMod... unfortunatelyb it forced closed on setup wizard and ended up with no home screen...just black blank... couldn't get it fixed.
I could understand if I didn't know my head from my ass when it comes to installing new ROMs, but sorry to LithiumMod I am decently efficient at it, but still had issues...

I see all these threads about ROMs trying to say they're better than Bugless, it just puzzles me when they don't live up to those claims. Only Sapphire has so far IMHO.

So if you prefer Lithium or UD, or another...more power to ya, but why not cut Pete a break and respect his work for what it is........a ROM that he works hard and diligently to get as near as flawless as he possibly can...
I'm sure all the other Devs also put their heart and soul into theirs as well....
And I for one do appreciate all their wrk to provide us with such a wonderful selection to choose from.....Thanks guys

Reaction score
Just out of curiosty about the title of this thread I installed LithiumMod... unfortunatelyb it forced closed on setup wizard and ended up with no home screen...just black blank... couldn't get it fixed.
I could understand if I didn't know my head from my ass when it comes to installing new ROMs, but sorry to LithiumMod I am decently efficient at it, but still had issues...

I see all these threads about ROMs trying to say they're better than Bugless, it just puzzles me when they don't live up to those claims. Only Sapphire has so far IMHO.

So if you prefer Lithium or UD, or another...more power to ya, but why not cut Pete a break and respect his work for what it is........a ROM that he works hard and diligently to get as near as flawless as he possibly can...
I'm sure all the other Devs also put their heart and soul into theirs as well....
And I for one do appreciate all their wrk to provide us with such a wonderful selection to choose from.....Thanks guys
Excellent point. I do believe that all of the devs do hard work and I have had my fair share of problems. I have my preferences and am here to find a solution to a particular problem so people like me can enjoy a wider selection of Roms.

xpezdj

Reaction score
I used bb 0.4 and my cpu temps idled at 84 using same kernals at I am with lithium mod.. lithium idles at 71, could be different with other people..

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I used bb 0.4 and my cpu temps idled at 84 using same kernals at I am with lithium mod.. lithium idles at 71, could be different with others

I agree with you on that. I think the reason BB ran higher is that it is more of a stock rom and not a rom from source. This means that BB would have more going on than a source rom which has been tweaked to a different spec. BB runs more like a stock install with some nice tweaks and source Roms have just as much work in them but can have more bugs due to them being developed. I like BB and Lithium Mod the best so far but I am sure this will change over time. Looking forward to BBv0.5.

flyinion

Reaction score
I might be a bit naive here on how the programming works, but after loading one of the newer basebands and running *228 option 1 to activate/program did you go back and run *228 option 2 to update roaming? I was under the impression from a conversation with a verizon tech I had a few years back on a different phone that updating roaming/etc. could improve signal in some way.

Since the baseband (radio software) is completely separate from the OS (ROMs) it makes no sense to me that you would get worse signal on one ROM than another. Not saying it's not happening, just that to me it doesn't make any sense. My building at work is horrible in various places for signal and I have seen no change better or worse between stock 2.1 and various ROMs now that I'm rooted.

Reaction score
Flyinion, I know that the baseband is supposed to be separated from the rom. The problem some of us are seeing is that it is not or somehow is affected by the rom. If I run stock, rooted or BBv0.4 unthemed I have great signal. If I run cyogen, sapphire or lithium mod then my signal goes to crap. There does not seem to be a logical reason for this and I am searching for a fix. Loading the stock baseband, 2.1, fixed the problem after the rom install. If I theme BB then my signal also went to crap and reloading the stock baseband fixed it. I don't have a clue why but I'm putting the info out there so people who have the problem like me have a solution until it is understood. Maybe a dev will have some free time and explore it.

Reaction score
I know this thread started out as a comparisson thread, which can be useful for new people, and has been taken over by signal talk. Unfortunatley every thread started on the signal gets ignored due to it being started by new people and many people don't see this issue. When it comes down to it each rom has its good point and its bad points. If you don't want to work out problems then don't root, but if you want to work out problems, then root and discuss all problems and don't ignore any. Just my two cents.