BB V0.4 versus Lithium Mod Comparison

robs1011

Reaction score
3rd party cooperate email apps

Do these apps also sync your contacts? I guess I just thought of this also. All of my contacts are on Outlook. I should have saved them all on Google from the beginning. Is there a way to transfer them from Outlook to Google?

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
I agree that the source Roms are truley a leap above bugless but everyone is still ignoring my question, why do source Roms have a weak radio? Come on people quit avoiding it! :(

Not sure what you mean. The ROM's and radios are two seperate things, you can use different baseband versions with source ROM's. I'm using LithiumMod and have Pete's all-in-one radio update. It works great.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, Bugless drains battery super fast. Lithium does not. But the worst part is Lithium won't connect to my cooperate email. People say try a 3rd party app but that defeats the purpose IMO. For some reason with Lithium I just can't connect my cooperate email account with exchange. So odd.

If I could do this I'd be super happy with Lithium and use it for sure. But i'm back to just 2.1 rooted right now because of battery issues with BB.

personally, even though i can connect my email, i don't use the stock email - i think it blows! it is certainly very basic, and just doesn't have the functions i need - no signature? no attachments? i have been using Touchdown Exchange from the beginning, and it works great!! signatures, attachments, subfolders, calendar and contacts built in, etc. you can try it out for free for a week or so, and see if you like it...

Reaction score
I agree that the source Roms are truley a leap above bugless but everyone is still ignoring my question, why do source Roms have a weak radio? Come on people quit avoiding it! :(

I haven't had this issue. Sorry, not ignoring you just don't know what to say.

Very few seem to have this problem but those of us who have would like to find out what is going on. Roms that I have tried that have the issue are SAPPHIRE, Cyogen, and Lithium Mod (which was better than the others) the Roms I have tried that do not have it are stock, all versions of BB. The weak radio is a problem as I live in the country and I have signal issues with these Roms even outside.

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
If your purpose is to get your corporate email onto your phone why does it matter what app you use to do it? All of the 3rd party apps that I've tried work much better than the native email app. The stock gmail app can at least be used, but the stock pop3/imap email program is almost totally unusable. That is why almost every custom rom comes with a built in script to remove it. Everyone uses K-9, Maildroid, and touchdown.

How is it better? Right now I can download attachments and I actually get the email a few seconds before it shows on the inbox on my computer. I have had no issues at all. Everyone keeps say use Touchdown but why should I pay for something when the phone comes ready to use. BB worked flawlessly with cooperate email. To me it just doesn't make sense and these apps are a work around the issue. In the log it says Lithium has exchange capabilities yet it doesn't connect.

Maybe i'll try an app it just seems funny to have to do that to me. That's all. I'm not hating. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I love the battery life with Lithium and all the themes for sure!

Please take this with a smile.. not slamming. But aren't you contradicting yourself? You are running a non stock, 3rd party Rom for obvious reasons, yet you don't believe in using a 3rd party app that could possibly work better.

People who use third party apps for email are usually power users. Ever since the FRG01B came out, the associated Google Apps have not worked correctly for me and a couple of other people. For example, Email search is gone, pressing the search button will not let you search your inbox. Sometimes corporate email will not connect at all. It appears to be a bug in the new Google Apps developed in the leaked Froyo builds.

I personally use Touchdown, I am a Information Systems Director and have to mull through 50-100 emails a day. The reasons I use Touchdown are: Ability to sync all folders at once (previously not available in corp email on Android), ability to set out of office messages, custom ringtones for emails marked important, keep corporate email contacts separate from contacts synced through Gmail, more versatile calendar with accept/reject features that automatically add events to your calendar, etc., etc. The list goes on and on. Apps like Touchdown and K-9 give you TONS of features that the stock email corp app does not provide. You just obviously do not need these features, so you don't understand why any one else would want them. There is a reason devs set out to make these third-party email apps and there is a reason people pay $5-$15 for them!

Hope that helps you understand better! :biggrin:

BTW. Source ROMS are way superior to tweaked-leaked builds!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Very few seem to have this problem but those of us who have would like to find out what is going on. Roms that I have tried that have the issue are SAPPHIRE, Cyogen, and Lithium Mod (which was better than the others) the Roms I have tried that do not have it are stock, all versions of BB. The weak radio is a problem as I live in the country and I have signal issues with these Roms even outside.

Have you tried any of the different basebands that are available? As said in the earlier post, roms don't make changes to the radio. Maybe you're holding your phone wrong!!!:icon_ banana:

As with others my only experience is that the Source Built Roms (and I've used CM and Sapphire) do not impact signal strength. I've used Sapphire extensively and BB V0.4 extensively and had no signal issues with either. Just saying this so you'll have one more data point. I know this doesn't impact what's happening on your phone. :)

Anyway, good luck.

CletusVanDam

Reaction score

If you want to use LithMod then load it up and go get Pete's baseband update to C_01.43.01P on ROM Manager. Then I can just about guarantee your phone will have good signal strength with the most-awesome themed source built ROM out there.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dl'd pete's baseband update as well. it's the baseband that comes with the 2.2 froyo ota (if it ever gets released). works pretty well - i'm in my office building, sitting at -61 dB.

Not sure what you mean. The ROM's and radios are two seperate things, you can use different baseband versions with source ROM's. I'm using LithiumMod and have Pete's all-in-one radio update. It works great.

robs1011

Reaction score
touchdown exchange

Ok, so I tried touchdown. As I usually don't like change I must confess, IT'S BAD@$$! I can now use Lithium and I'm happy as can be. Thanks for the peer pressure and what now and calling me out. It really ended up for the best for me.

Thanks again guys!

neccoguy21

Reaction score
My 2 cents is that the other basebands work in certain areas only. Only select towers have the correct software to connect to our (experimental) basebands.

Honestly, wasn't your unrooted unthemed unbasebanded stock out of the box droid bad ass? Why be angry about or question the extra limits we're pushing our machines to in the first place? I'm not the first person to say this, but not every phone is equal. Once you get into the areas that the manufacturers and carriers tried to block off, bad things can happen :)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
glad it worked out. i really like it, and i think you will too. since i rooted, i haven't even activated the stock email app - TD all the way! :)
Ok, so I tried touchdown. As I usually don't like change I must confess, IT'S BAD@$$! I can now use Lithium and I'm happy as can be. Thanks for the peer pressure and what now and calling me out. It really ended up for the best for me.

Thanks again guys!

Reaction score
I have tried all of the basebands with all of the Roms run on my phone with the same results. Lithium mod had the best signal out of the source built Roms. This is what I want to know is what is different from source built and stock with the radio. What could cause the problem?

Reaction score
Okay, I reloaded BB v0.4, doing a full wiped between roms as I always do, my signal was just like stock put the droid x theme on and the signal went to crap. I decided to try something that no one has mentioned yet, I loaded the 2.1 baseband instead of a new one that has been out. And to my surprise my signal was better. I have tried the new basebands with theme changes and with other roms but nothing had worked.
I am going to give lithium mod another run now that I found if the old baseband is loaded I get my signal back.:icon_ banana:

robertesteele

Reaction score
I have noticed the same thing with my phone. I loaded Lithium Mod and my signal sucked and I have the new baseband. As soon as I went back to the last version of Kangerade it worked just fine. Maybe I will try again with the older baseband. Let me know if that worked for you. I also found with Lithium that I couldn't uninstall the cardock. I tried but everytime I would try it always says failed. I was driving for 14 hours yesterday with lithium and I was using the navigator app and then I would try to run pandora at the same time. Anytime the lady would talk and tell me to turn it shut off pandora and I would have to reload the app. Once Pandora was reloaded that would shut off navigator so I couldn't use both at the same time. So I used his cube music app that I love with navigator and it worked ok, but about two hours into the drive with my phone plugged into the charger I noticed that my battery was down to 30%. It didn't show that it was charging but when I would unplug it the % of battery life would show up and when I would plug it back in then the % would go away. I restored the last version of Kangerade and it started working fine. Do you guys think I just need to reinstall Lithium and do a data wipe three times or do you think it is something with the ROM. I also wanted to ask about the data wipe and clear cache three times thing. Do you need to wipe data reboot and then repeat that process three times or can you just stay in recovery and wipe three times and then reboot? Sorry for the long post.