Battery life

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Full charge, wipe stats, drain to dead, fully charge again.

I would probably drain to dead again for full measure, but it might not be necessary. After this you should see improved battery reporting. If you are clearing stats in a program other than recovery, you should reboot after clearing.

There you go... that's what I was after! Thanks for translating my gobbledegook! :clap:

I had the same problem today .............80% to 20% in 10 minutes.

To wipe battery stats do you go into recovery (RaidZero) / wipe /
wipe battery stats?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

1FZFE

Reaction score
Not sure. I don't use raidzero's recovery, but sounds reasonable :) In clockworkmod its under advanced options.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

redoregon

Reaction score
Full charge, wipe stats, drain to dead, fully charge again.

I would probably drain to dead again for full measure, but it might not be necessary. After this you should see improved battery reporting. If you are clearing stats in a program other than recovery, you should reboot after clearing.

There you go... that's what I was after! Thanks for translating my gobbledegook! :clap:

I had the same problem today .............80% to 20% in 10 minutes.

To wipe battery stats do you go into recovery (RaidZero) / wipe /
wipe battery stats?

I use RZ, and yes, that's it.

angrymexican

Reaction score
Hey I was suffering the same battery issues with my phone as well and then I figured I would turn off the jit option off under Chevy tools and Viola my battery life has gotten better and my phone has sped up immensely and I am running the stock kernel. so give that a try it might help!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

zoomy942

Reaction score
Hey I was suffering the same battery issues with my phone as well and then I figured I would turn off the jit option off under Chevy tools and Viola my battery life has gotten better and my phone has sped up immensely and I am running the stock kernel. so give that a try it might help!

Hmm. Jit affects battery life?

Ma_USMC

Reaction score
Wiped battery stats and in the draining phase. Curiously, what does one sacrifice by disabling the JIT compiler?

angrymexican

Reaction score
I don't know the specifics on the jit but I do know once I disabled it on my phone my battery life has increased ...doubled from 7 hours to 14 hours maybe it has something to do with the way the phone is compiling the cache.

zoomy942

Reaction score
I don't know the specifics on the jit but I do know once I disabled it on my phone my battery life has increased ...doubled from 7 hours to 14 hours maybe it has something to do with the way the phone is compiling the cache.

That's very interesting. Hmmm. I'm testing battery life today but tomorrow i will try it with jit off.

Ma_USMC

Reaction score
I've cleared stats, drained battery competely, and recharged. I am now in the normal use phase monitoring battery life. For some semblance of control, I am running:

Chevy patched SS5.2
1.1GHZ LV (Running max 1.1 / min .125)
JIT on
Compcache on (purge as needed Off)

I'll be turning JIT off in a few days to see of that creates any significant difference.

kkrind72

Reaction score
turned off JIT.
Charged to 100%
Wiped battery stats
Drained battery as fast as possible.
Charged to 100%
Wiped battery stats
Drained battery as fast as possible (2nd time it took alot longer to do this...i literally turned on my flashlight for 20 minutes to drain the last 20% of battery because I had to goto sleep.)
Battery has SIGNIFICANTLY improved.

zoomy942

Reaction score
turned off JIT.
Charged to 100%
Wiped battery stats
Drained battery as fast as possible.
Charged to 100%
Wiped battery stats
Drained battery as fast as possible (2nd time it took alot longer to do this...i literally turned on my flashlight for 20 minutes to drain the last 20% of battery because I had to goto sleep.)
Battery has SIGNIFICANTLY improved.

did you notice the phone lagging with JIT off?

Reaction score
My battery life almost tripled when I removed my Facebook account from the Accounts screen. I can still use the Facebook App without any noticeable difference, so not sure why it takes such a hit then it's added as an account.

Running second GB leak.