Darn tootin' nice battery life

wingdo

Reaction score
So I've been running CM6.1 RC5 since it was released, and I started using Slayher's LFY ROM (set for 250-800). I've been having issues with shortened battery life of late, but I figured since my battery is 13 months old, perhaps it was time for a change. I went out yesterday and bought the Extended Battery for the D2. Fully charged it up at my house, let it trickle for a couple more hours and pulled it off the charger yesterday evening.

Since it came off, I did a few e-mails and about a dozen text messages last night before bed, and had about a 15 minute call. I left it off the charger overnight as I want to completely drain the battery to properly set the high and low points. I played a few games of Solitaire this morning, checked and replied to work e-mails and have been listening to Stocker's music player for the last few hours.

Granted I've not taxed it real heavily, but I've not been not using it.

CAP201011291336.jpg

CAP2010112913361.jpg

aldaudio

Reaction score
Hm, my phones display is usually like 50% of battery drain.

Lucky you.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
Still plugging along. Should die later this afternoon, it was at 30% in this capture. Mostly some web browsing, e-mail, tapatalk, couple more calls this morning and solitaire.

CAP201011300842.jpg

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
It comes with a new battery door. It's about 1mm taller. It fits much better than my original door did as well.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
I'm guessing the extended battery means it doesn't fit in either the multimedia or car docks? That would be the only thing holding me back.

Goatastic

Reaction score
I'm guessing the extended battery means it doesn't fit in either the multimedia or car docks? That would be the only thing holding me back.

Not sure about the car doock but I can confirm it doesn't fit into the multimedia dock. I personally prefer just having a spare battery. Far cheaper than getting the extended and imo it gives you more total battery life.

Goatastic

Reaction score
That's suprising. My gf just got a droid 2 and he extended battery and she has to wiggle it a little to get it to be seated properly.