Battery life

Ma_USMC

Reaction score
Yep, same here. However, I did use one kernel that went to 40% before it next jumped to 20%.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

redstorm64

Reaction score
I've had the same issue since 5.2. Overall my battery life has been very poor, not lasting more than a day even with minimal use (will auto power off before the end of the day). Any ideas? I haven't tried reinstalling 5.2 yet...maybe I'll try that after work today.

Ma_USMC

Reaction score
I've had the same issue since 5.2. Overall my battery life has been very poor, not lasting more than a day even with minimal use (will auto power off before the end of the day). Any ideas? I haven't tried reinstalling 5.2 yet...maybe I'll try that after work today.

Well, truth is my battery life is fantastic even with the possibility its not reporting with accuracy. I'm sure that you've covered the basics about eeking out the greatest amount of battery you can but good advice would be to swap out the kernel.

Try a kernel or two and compare. Keep your tests controlled (duplicate as best you can, your level of usage) and see what you can get for battery life.

I'm on Chevys LV 1.1ghz running at 1.1ghz/125mhz (max/min); this was the biggest gain for me after trying all the LVs and ULVs. I also tried several of the rMod kerns on Smartmod but found Chevys longer lasting.

However, big note here, I did notice the drop in battery life on all of the kernels I used.

1FZFE

Reaction score
I've been running 5.2 for a week. This is the first time I've tried a Chevy rom. So far I'm impressed! Its fast and stable. As to battery life, I'm currently at 50 hrs 11min and 5 sec on a single charge with normal use. Haven't seen 2 + days of battery on my phone ever. Even when I was tweaking my own custom slots and voltages, performance wasnt this good. Well done sir!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Picaso86

Reaction score
When I first flashed SS 5.2 the battery was great but I noticed a few days later it drops from 60% to 40% instantly. can someone look into this? I tried mods that comes with the ROM but its remains the same. maybe can someone recommend a good kernel?

LT*

Reaction score
I've been running it since it came out, and I've never seen this behavior. Although I rarely get below 50% by the end of the day, I have been down that low and not seen the sudden drops.

redoregon

Reaction score
Are you guys resetting the battery stats when you switch kernels? I'm in an area I can't access my phone from, but do a search on "battery statistics" and the instructions should be pretty easy to find.

1FZFE

Reaction score
This problem is not unique to Chevy or even GB builds for that matter. I have had it pop up with PE4.2 in the past. I believe the issue stems from gaps in the battery stats. Doesn't the battery info get nuked with full system wipes? If you are flashing new roms with a full wipe and not on 100% charge you may be creating issues for yourself. Kernel hopping has caused some battery reporting problems for myself in the past as well. Clearing your battery stats per appropriate protocol may help.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I have similar problems with mine. Running the standard kernal that is packaged with the rom. I also notices that from 15% to shut down takes an extremely long time. It goes to 40 pretty quick, but 15-0 takes like 3 times as long.

I used the battery calibration app but didn't seem to help.

Also, my phone seems to charge extremely quick when at 40% or more. I think I may need a new battery as it's 1.5 years old now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

redoregon

Reaction score
I used the battery calibration app but didn't seem to help.

Note we're not talking about an *app* here, but rather booting into recovery and wiping battery stats from there. You do it either after a full battery drain and before recharging to 100%, or after a full battery drain then charging back *up* to 100%... I forget which.

1FZFE

Reaction score
Full charge, wipe stats, drain to dead, fully charge again.

I would probably drain to dead again for full measure, but it might not be necessary. After this you should see improved battery reporting. If you are clearing stats in a program other than recovery, you should reboot after clearing.

redoregon

Reaction score
Full charge, wipe stats, drain to dead, fully charge again.

I would probably drain to dead again for full measure, but it might not be necessary. After this you should see improved battery reporting. If you are clearing stats in a program other than recovery, you should reboot after clearing.

There you go... that's what I was after! Thanks for translating my gobbledegook! :clap:

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
This problem is not unique to Chevy or even GB builds for that matter. I have had it pop up with PE4.2 in the past. I believe the issue stems from gaps in the battery stats. Doesn't the battery info get nuked with full system wipes? If you are flashing new roms with a full wipe and not on 100% charge you may be creating issues for yourself. Kernel hopping has caused some battery reporting problems for myself in the past as well. Clearing your battery stats per appropriate protocol may help.

I reset battery stats on almost every flash, on a full battery. Still I have not noticed any difference. I have also charged to full and drained dead makes no difference. :/

Maybe its because my battery is old, its a over a year old and used heavily.

Moto Droid / S.S. 5.2

1FZFE

Reaction score
I reset battery stats on almost every flash, on a full battery. Still I have not noticed any difference. I have also charged to full and drained dead makes no difference. :/

Maybe its because my battery is old, its a over a year old and used heavily.

Moto Droid / S.S. 5.2

It may be the battery age. I do not routinely wipe my stats separately with rom installation. I just make sure to have a full charge before flashing. It does not seem like it would matter either way though; that is assuming the battery stats are wiped with a system format, which I assume is correct. Can anyone confirm?

Some folks early in the CM7 builds (months ago) were having similar issues with gaps at the 40% to 20% range that did not respond to the normal battery stat fixes. This may be similar, but the large jumps I have experienced in the past, ie 60% to 20% in 1 second, were solved with a battery stat wipe.

As usual it seems each individual device responds uniquely to our constant fiddling :)

Edit: Stats are located in the system data files and are cleared every time you format the system.