Battery life help?

JCDenton771

Reaction score
I need some help with my battery life. When I first got my RAZR, the battery life was amazing. I could usually get it to last all day with no problems on 4g and almost 24h on 3g. Lately though my battery life has just been awful. On 4g it can barely last 8h and today I had it on 3g and only lasted about 10h. This is all with little use as well. When I check the battery statistics, it always says that the Android OS is the biggest battery consumer. I don't understand what that means so any help with any of this would be great. I will add any additional information you would life too.

baudwalk

Reaction score
You may have loaded an app that continuously runs some functions such as the GPS. (An example: the current Weather Underground app cuts my Bionic battery life in half.) Task Manager may give you some clues. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
JCDenton771

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with beautiful Widgets? That's the weather widget I use and I think it might have been go SMS I just uninstall ed it though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
I used to use beautiful widgets on my OG droid but never noticed much shorter battery life

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
JCDenton771

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Then it is probably go SMS since it has to run in the background all the time

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I've had the same problem

The razr battery doesn't hold charge properly after a few weeks.

My phone drops from 100 to 90 in seconds of unpluggin then to 80 within 2 minutes of unplugging.

Really sucks

OP
JCDenton771

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Well guess we have to replace the battery oh wait......I found that leaving your phone on the charger will kill the problem you are talking about. The phone will become over voltage and not be able to hold a charge as well. Happened on my LG ally

StevenC150

Reaction score
I noticed a big improvement when I started adding the majority of my apps to the Task Manager Auto-End lists. The more apps you add without adding them to an Auto-End list, the more that constantly run in the background sucking battery.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have used Beautiful Widgets since day one I can assure you it has no effect on your battery life. I make it full days with heavy use with no problem, I would check elsewhere for what is causing your problem.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
I had bw on my dx with a rom never had an issue with battery life

OP
JCDenton771

JCDenton771

Reaction score
I think I figured out it was gosms pro and 4g. I uninstall ed gosms and turned 4g off and my battery lasts a lot longer not quite as long as when i first got it for some reason but still pretty good. My biggest user of battery is always the Android os