Battery life is horrible

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The options I have is Global, LTE/CDMA, and GSM/UMTS. LTE is 4G right? And I want CDMA but they are combined.

That is in the actual phone settings, right? LTE/CDMA is 4G and 3G, global is for traveling outside the US ... you can download the LTE On/Off app to set it to CDMA (3G) only ... by selecting "CDMA auto (PRL)"

MAzing87

Reaction score
That is in the actual phone settings, right? LTE/CDMA is 4G and 3G, global is for traveling outside the US ... you can download the LTE On/Off app to set it to CDMA (3G) only ... by selecting "CDMA auto (PRL)"
Will do. Thanks

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
I just started being smart with smart actions lol. Every time my phone screen goes off my data shuts off. Same way when I plug in headphones for the gym. Shut data off. Seems the only way to truly get the most out of your battery. All though this screen shot doesn't reflect it but I have done a lot on my phone and its been at 30% for quite awhile. I'm amazed at the battery of this thing.

cris

Reaction score
Im at. 15 hours. 14 minutes and i have 50% left. To me thats good. Thats.. browsing and txting and calling. And on here. Id post a pic but dont know how ro get a screen shot

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im at. 15 hours. 14 minutes and i have 50% left. To me thats good. Thats.. browsing and txting and calling. And on here. Id post a pic but dont know how ro get a screen shot

If you are on ICS holding the Power Button and the Volume Down button at the same time will do a screenshot :)

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
I had to post again. This shutting down the data when screen is idle really seems to do the trick.

NZRocketman

Reaction score
My charge time has increase from 1.5hrs from like 5% battery left to full, to taking up to a 4 hours to charge even longer. this happen just suddenly

joshxdroid

Reaction score
NZRocketman said:
My charge time has increase from 1.5hrs from like 5% battery left to full, to taking up to a 4 hours to charge even longer. this happen just suddenly

I believe 3.5 hours I'd the correct charge time for original RAZR.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I believe 3.5 hours I'd the correct charge time for original RAZR.

Actually 3 hours for the RAZR, 5.5 hours for the MAXX, but those numbers are for when the phone is powered off. It can take considerably longer off the phone is on, and as some have described it can even go backwards off the phone is doing communication intensive work with the screen on, such as navigation while streaming music.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

joshxdroid

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
Actually 3 hours for the RAZR, 5.5 hours for the MAXX, but those numbers are for when the phone is powered off. It can take considerably longer off the phone is on, and as some have described it can even go backwards off the phone is doing communication intensive work with the screen on, such as navigation while streaming music.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the correction. So the only way you'd be getting a faster charge to 100% would be if the battery meter was extremely off and weren't really getting a full charge, or maybe with an incorrect charger? Would that be right foxcat? And i can't imagine that being good for the battery.

geeman002

Reaction score
I must give Foxkat a thank you - I am one not happy with ICS, but at least with his advice I am getting 12 hours of battery usage. So FoxKat, thank you.

George