Improving battery life and more for Droid RAZR

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
Well hidden, unfortunately. If you're on the forums using your phone and an app like Tapatalk or Droidforums you can't Like. If you're here by using your computer, put your mouse a little bit above the Reply, Reply With Quote and Multi buttons. The word Like will appear with a little View attachment 47972 by it.
SallyC, thanks. I guess many do not know "how to" give a "likes" reply and your input here should help. This thread has gotten great review, and I hope it will get even more. Good discussion and analysis of questions prompts good reponses. I'm happy and proud to be a member of this forum. I'm been on other forums where discussion and put downs prevailed. I appears the moderater(s), Senior, Expert, Ninja Droid, etc., respect the forum and its membership. Thanks!!!

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
Exactly ^^^ I've experienced this firsthand between my home in El Paso, TX (weak signal area), and a relatives home in NE Pennsylvania. For the longest time I figured people had to be lying about their battery life as mine has been terrible at home. Additionally, Every time someone would post a pic of their battery screen the only things displayed were service related components so that led me to believe they aren't using them like they say they are.

Anyways, the above poster hit it on the head; the weaker the area, the harder your phone will scan and scan to find a better signal. Thus, eating that battery life faster than you'd like.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

What part of town are you in. I am on the west side but I work all over the city. I get pretty decent battery life. But I do keep a charger and a battery pack with me at all times, just in case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

makilavelli

Reaction score
What part of town are you in. I am on the west side but I work all over the city. I get pretty decent battery life. But I do keep a charger and a battery pack with me at all times, just in case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I live on the east side and work on the base. I noticed I had the same signal issues with my old blackberry and would be left with a dead battery by the afternoon. I know my side of town is a pretty weak area and I probably shouldn't have labeled the whole city as being a weak signal area :)

That being said, I never know what kind of life the Razr is going to get nowadays whether I'm at work, or driving around town. Some days it looks like it won't last until 3pm while other days I still have 60% after 9 or 10 hours. All while the phone switches between 3G and 1X. Works for me! ;) Oh, and I also carry a battery pack and car charger should the need arise. Take care!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Agrajag

Reaction score
I'm at a loss to explain why more people aren't using Actions Pro from Sigmacel. I don't have an affiliation with them but just love the app. I have no battery issues on my Droid and this app is like Tasker but 10x easier. I have a nightly battery saver action and a low battery action. I have it set my screen brightnesss based on location and time of day. On the fun side I have my phone talk to me in a great female voice every time I leave the house or come back (and it chooses randomly between any number of comments I provided). She welcomes me home, reminds me of things, tells me the weather when I get up, etc. Pretty slick stuff. There's also a free version.

All that said, I'll still add a Maxx battery when it's more readily available as you can never have enough battery.