RAZR Going Back

Morydees

Reaction score
No offense but I have read this on SO many threads as the answer to people not liking their razr. "Mines perfect you must've gotten a lemon or a defective one. Take it back to Verizon and switch it out"
come on...

There's a good reason for that and it's not pure fanboy-ism. I was in the exact situation the thread starter was in hating the battery life but once I actually did some research and followed the http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/181944-battery-life-27.html) thread, my phone turned into a completely different beast after some minor tweaks and Smart Actions. And there are hundreds of us with the same end result.

So it's entirely reasonable that if he does such things and notices ZERO improvement, a bad phone moves higher up the list of possibility. It's definitely not the first/common option but it's a reality and he wouldn't be the first.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No offense but I have read this on SO many threads as the answer to people not liking their razr. "Mines perfect you must've gotten a lemon or a defective one. Take it back to Verizon and switch it out"
come on...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

What I posted goes for ANY phone....not just the RAZR..

There's a good reason for that and it's not pure fanboy-ism. I was in the exact situation the thread starter was in hating the battery life but once I actually did some research and followed the http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/181944-battery-life-27.html) thread, my phone turned into a completely different beast after some minor tweaks and Smart Actions. And there are hundreds of us with the same end result.

So it's entirely reasonable that if he does such things and notices ZERO improvement, a bad phone moves higher up the list of possibility. It's definitely not the first/common option but it's a reality and he wouldn't be the first.

Exactly. I mean a phone losing battery levels like that in Airplane Mode? Thats no data, cellular, phone connections? Thats definitely a problem. Its one thing to just say the battery life sucks and I dont want it, but with details sometimes it easier to diagnose a bad phone, battery or app.

hiimjered

Reaction score
Which leads to a second question. I am in a 3G only area so the phone is set to that. Therefore should not the RAZR battery perform similarly to my rooted Droid1 that has the BP7X Droid 2 extended battery? The mAh on the two batteries are essentially the same. What's normal use for me I see 60-70% battery left at the end of the day on the Droid(rooted and running a GB ROM) and I could probably get halfway thru the next day, the RAZR will be shutting down in 12-14 hours.

The battery life between a D1 and a Razr will be significantly different. The processor in the Razr uses more power than the processor in the D1. That alone will create more power usage. The larger amount of RAM will aggravate the issue since storing data in RAM also burns a little power. The screen probably burns more power as well, since it is larger, but I can't be sure of that one.

Regardless, the hardware in the Razr will use more power than the hardware in the D1. The radios may be the same or even may use less power, but the computer hardware will use more.

B

bens42608

Well I plan on getting the extended battery tomorrow(hope it's still half off) and this will be the deciding factor to me whether I made the right decision. If the battery is as good as the reviews I've read and I can use 4g all day w/o going dead then as far as im concerned Bionic blows razr out the water. It wouldn't even be a fair comparison after that. But I wont know till I give it a try...