Battery life and other questions about RAZR

chuckh1958

Reaction score
I'm thinking about upgrading my Samsung Continuum to a Droid Razr. Verizon is offering the original Razr for free. I had a couple of questions first though.

1) How's the battery life on the razr?

2) If it's not good can you put in an extended life battery? I had to do this with my Continuum. I'd get 8-10 hours with the one that came with it. I get double that with an aftermarket XL battery.

3) Is JB the current release on the razr? I keep reading conflicting things. Some say it was leaked and only a few lucky folks got it. Others say that's the current version for the razr now.

4) Overall how happy are you with your razr?

I've been dissatisified with the Continuum. It's still on Froyo and neither verizon or samsung have plans to ever update it. It locks up 2-3x per week too and I have to either pull the battery or reboot it with power+upVol.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Battery life I'm not sure of on the regular RAZR, the maxx has a great battery life, around 17 hours or more

No to the extended battery except to upgrade original to a maxx with a kit, better off just getting the maxx

ICS if official right now, accidentally released version of JB is out there, can be side loaded, official JB is supposed to be out by end of Q1

We are the Droid!! You will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
And I love my RAZR maxx!!!

We are the Droid!! You will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
C

chuckh1958

Reaction score
Any major complaints with the Droid Maxx?

Is Droid M the same as Droid Maxx? I see the M on Verizon's web site for $50 (after rebate) but no Maxx.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Any major complaints with the Droid Maxx?

Is Droid M the same as Droid Maxx? I see the M on Verizon's web site for $50 (after rebate) but no Maxx.

IMHO, my Razr Maxx is the best smartphone I've owned to date. If you can swing the extra cost, I'd go with the Maxx over the regular Razr.

With ICS on my Maxx I was getting at least a full day of battery life with plenty to spare by the end of the day of regular use. Since the "accidental" JB release, I can go anywhere from 36 to almost 60 hours of regular use, providing I have a decent 4G signal.

David

OP
C

chuckh1958

Reaction score
Are the "M" and the "Maxx" the same device? I can't find the Maxx on Verizon's web site, just the M.

s_cuttic

Reaction score
No. The Razr M is newer. Just something to consider before you pick your phone, the Razr and Razr Maxx aren't getting any updates after JB. The Maxx HD may get upgrades as will other newer phones because they're still new. I think the Razr M is the newest addition to the lineup but I could be wrong. If you want to get updates past JB, go for a newer or the newest phone or even wait until something else comes out.

The Razr Max doesn't have NFC capabilities so that means no Android Beam. I'd assume that the Razr M has it but I haven't looked into it.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I had the Razr Maxx (same exact phone as the Razr except for battery) and won the Razr M. Never thought I'd give up my Maxx for the M but I did.

The things I love about the M over the Maxx are... true jelly bean with on screen home-recent apps-back buttons (more convenient to me than the off screen buttons but does take up screen space), the smaller size but same screen size, display seems more crisp & clear and battery lasts almost as long on my M as did on my Maxx (24-30 hours with about 6 hours screen time).

What the Maxx has that the M does not is... hdmi port, better front facing camera (rear camera is the same... I never use the front facing camera), more internal storage (I thought this would be a problem because I tend to be “app happy" but with well over 100 apps installed on my phone I still have half of my internal storage available).

Hope this helps with your decision.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums