Battery Help--PLEASE!

Brostrom4

Reaction score
So i recently got my Razr from ebay. Its new, and is in excellent condition and everything....everything but the battery. The battery sucks. The longest charge i have gotten is about 9 hours. That was using Juice Defender ultimate. Smart actions does almost nothing for me, and Juice Defender is only a little bit better. My normal usage is moderate at most, but I am able to only get an average of 5-7 hours, tops! I just dont get it. This device was supposed to have a lot better battery life, coming from a TBolt, but it has worse. Im wondering if anyone can help me or suggest something. Its a little but frustrating. Since it is new, it came in the case, and has all the activation numbers, and proof of purchase numbers. So can i call motorola, talk to a representative, and get something figured out?

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do not have a Razr so I cannot speak to what its normal. Do you use Facebook alot? FB can put a real drain on the battery. So can gmail as they continuously check for new data. Set them so to pull the data only when you wasn't it instead it pushing data every 5 minutes or less.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
B

Brostrom4

Reaction score
I do not have a Razr so I cannot speak to what its normal. Do you use Facebook alot? FB can put a real drain on the battery. So can gmail as they continuously check for new data. Set them so to pull the data only when you wasn't it instead it pushing data every 5 minutes or less.

Yeah I do Fb, twitter and gmail. They sync about every 15 min i think. I will try that tomorrow to see if it makes things a little better, but even if it did i wouldnt expect it to be a phenomenal improvement. Thanks tho!

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the battery and data delivery menu under data delivery, uncheck background data. For gmail you will then have to refresh to check your mail since it will not be constantly checking the server itself. Then go into social applications and make sure automatic is not selected. Doing that on my phone increased the battery life alot.

Last edited:
OP
B

Brostrom4

Reaction score
In the battery and data delivery menu under data delivery, uncheck background data. For gmail you will then have to refresh to check your mail since it will not be constantly checking the server itself. Then go into social applications and make sure automatic is not selected. Doing that on my phone increased the battery life alot.

Im trying this out today and I'll report back!

huskur

Reaction score
Look......Same issue with the Droid 4. That is what you are going to get if you USE these two phones. Verizon told me themselves that the battery life of the Razr and Droid 4 is only 6-8 hours. I couldn't go for that. At least with my Droid X and extended battery you can get through the day.

My suggestion.....sell it and get the Razr Maxx. I use mine for what it is. Facebook is on all the time. Scoremobile is on all the time along with twitter. I stream Pandora a couple hours a day. Tons of texts and phone calls. I roll this phone like you are suppose to. Been off charger for 25 hours as of now and still have 50% battery.

It would suck to have a phone and not be able to use it for what it is intended for. Your other option is to buy a power pack for it. Moto P893 portable power pack but then you have this thing plugged in and its cumbersome.

Damn if I want to be tethered to a wall socket all the time or "looking for power" and having to carry a charger everywhere.

OP
B

Brostrom4

Reaction score
Look......Same issue with the Droid 4. That is what you are going to get if you USE these two phones. Verizon told me themselves that the battery life of the Razr and Droid 4 is only 6-8 hours. I couldn't go for that. At least with my Droid X and extended battery you can get through the day.

My suggestion.....sell it and get the Razr Maxx. I use mine for what it is. Facebook is on all the time. Scoremobile is on all the time along with twitter. I stream Pandora a couple hours a day. Tons of texts and phone calls. I roll this phone like you are suppose to. Been off charger for 25 hours as of now and still have 50% battery.

It would suck to have a phone and not be able to use it for what it is intended for. Your other option is to buy a power pack for it. Moto P893 portable power pack but then you have this thing plugged in and its cumbersome.

Damn if I want to be tethered to a wall socket all the time or "looking for power" and having to carry a charger everywhere.

Yeah I want the Maxx. But i dont have the money right now and my folks wouldn't be happy..haha. It sucks having to always recharge, but ive gotten used to it especially since my last phone was a thunderbolt. Im trying different settings out and whatnot, so im tryin to see what that does.

DocsDad

Reaction score
I had the razr before the maxx. With the Razr I could get 6-7 hours pushing data hard and 17-20 hours of moderate use. Use wifi when possible, drop the display brightness. Even switching to the MAXX I use mine at 25% and its plenty bright. I only bump it up when watching movies. Keep playing with the JD and SA adjustments but throw it on the car or office charger whenever you can. No need to fully charge or fully drain battery.

Good luck

naknak95

Reaction score
I've noticed something called "evbridge" using alot of my battery under the Battery Settings. Does anyone know what this is?

OP
B

Brostrom4

Reaction score
So right now at 2:20, I am at 14% battery after using my phone for 12 hours exactly. Thats my best usage on one charge yet. And i was doing some texting, a little browsing, twitter, fb, and randomly checking battery information and time. I would consider it moderate use. I think i finally found a happy medium in using both smart actions and juice defender ultimate, so im very happy with these latest results. Lets hope it will stay like this for every charge, or even get better!

Thanks for your guys' help!

naknak95

Reaction score
So right now at 2:20, I am at 14% battery after using my phone for 12 hours exactly. Thats my best usage on one charge yet. And i was doing some texting, a little browsing, twitter, fb, and randomly checking battery information and time. I would consider it moderate use. I think i finally found a happy medium in using both smart actions and juice defender ultimate, so im very happy with these latest results. Lets hope it will stay like this for every charge, or even get better!

Thanks for your guys' help!

I will say I do have better battery now using Smart Actions. Every once in awhile, the evbridge will come back, but its still not as bad as it was.