Battery calibration

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man, 13 hours? I wish I got that much. My batter is only 5 months old. To get through the day I need to charge it again. I wouldn't say I'm a heavy user, maybe moderate. I wonder if it's an app or something. Does being rooted have anything to do with it?

Sent from my rooted DROID2

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would you recommend using battery calibrator without doing a nandroid backup first? I haven't made one yet

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Would you recommend using battery calibrator without doing a nandroid backup first? I haven't made one yet

You don't need to make a backup. You're not doing anything that can mess up the phone. Its just a calibration. As far as I know anyways. Not like you're flashing anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool. I'm gonna go ahead and calibrate

ultrastigi

Reaction score
The way I did it was have my phone go to 100% and calibrate while plugged in then when it was done I unplugged my phone.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

You don't need to make a backup. You're not doing anything that can mess up the phone. Its just a calibration. As far as I know anyways. Not like you're flashing anything.

+1 just make sure you're charged to 100% before calibrating. After that, run your phone down to 0% and then fully charge it back with one charge.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I didn't know you were suppose to run it down to 0. Well time for me to recalibrate

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got it. Charge to full then calibrate then run it to 0 before charging again. I would be happy if this worked even just a little!

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
One last thing, I checked the app description and it says that it works best when the phone is about dead. Run it and then charge it all night with the phone off.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Everywhere I have read bout batteries said to charge it to 100 then calibrate. I would do what Droid said. Charge it to 100 kill it then charge it to 100 completely.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This thread has been Thunder struck!

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I never let my phone go to 0. I didn't read that part. Oh well. Jut gotta do it again no big deal. Ever realize how hard it is to kill your battery when you need to? Hahaha.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That pic looks different then the app I have now battery calibrator. I the app I have says to do it the opposite way. Weird. Thanks for the comments though, ill do it the way you showed me.