Bad news: Dead Pixel past 30 days - Good news:New Droid!

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I noticed a dead pixel today when restarting my phone. I called VZW and told them I was past my 30 days and asked what I could do. They transferred me to Tech Support and he had me remove battery, hold power for 30 secs and restart. That didn't fix it so he said "ok your phone is warrantied for 1 year and we will send a new phone"

So after the 30 days, 1 dead pixel no hassle getting another phone. This is good news for all of us who may have this prob in future.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
+1 for VZW!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Verizon warranty for those of us who've had the Storm is pretty well known. They will replace your phone for dust getting under into the screen as well. Best thing to do is like what the OP did and deal with them for those type of issues over the phone.

btotheoomer

Reaction score
Returned mine with muffled sound and they asked no questions. Even got the software update early! :)

authority11

Reaction score
Just to clarify, if you are past the 30-day mark, the "new" phone is usually a refurbished phone.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes it has a 1-yr Manufacturing warranty. Dead pixels do fall under that category.

boatman2220

Reaction score
So far my experience dealing with Verizon with things like this has been positive. My personal experience has been good and most of what I've read about others is that they've also done pretty good dealing with them. I have the insurance in case something happens to it. I was told about the warranty when I got mine. Had to take the first one back, no problems whatsoever exchanging it.

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
They didn't mention if its a refurb or not. It is fine if it is long as it works. I thought they would try to tell me needs more than one dead pixel etc.. but nope.

Just to clarify, if you are past the 30-day mark, the "new" phone is usually a refurbished phone.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes it has a 1-yr Manufacturing warranty. Dead pixels do fall under that category.

I would tend to think of this as a YMMV type of deal, though. Generally, with any LCD, a certain number of dead/stuck pixels are considered acceptable and within normal manufacturing tolerance. I don't say this to rain on the OPs parade, but rather to save other users from disappointment when VZW refuses to replace their device for a dead pixel. Even high-end professional displays costing tens of thousands of dollars are allowed to have a few dead pixels.

drew

Reaction score
Yeah, refurb or not it's a positive Verizon story. Makes me glad I didn't go over to the AT&T darkside. I once dropped my pearl at a bar in OC, MD and VZW replaced it no questions asked.

Droids

Reaction score
Is there a dead pixel checking app for the Droid? When LCD monitors first came out I used a program named deadpix.exe that was great, and many others came out after that, though I still use deadpix.exe to occasionally check for dead or stuck pixels. With the relatively small screen and high resolution of the Droid I would think it's tough to spot a dead pixel. Anything like that for the Droid?

jrl9851

Reaction score
Is there a dead pixel checking app for the Droid? When LCD monitors first came out I used a program named deadpix.exe that was great, and many others came out after that, though I still use deadpix.exe to occasionally check for dead or stuck pixels. With the relatively small screen and high resolution of the Droid I would think it's tough to spot a dead pixel. Anything like that for the Droid?

Dead Pixel Detect