Screen digitizer not responding in certain areas

magnus

Reaction score
I have a DROID1 that I got from Verizon this past December.

Yesterday I noticed that I was having some difficulty putting in some search terms on the keyboard for Google maps.

This morning I noticed that none of the keys on the second to bottom row (the one with the backspace) of the softkeyboard (any of them) would work.

I downloaded a screen response test and it confirmed what I feared. I have a patch of screen that does not respond to touch input anymore. I've tried factory restoring. The display itself is great with no dead pixels or anything. The problem seems to have just developed overnight.:icon_evil:

I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what my options were? I don't think Verizon will do anything for me because it's been more than 30 days. I know Motorola has a 1 year warranty of their phones but has anyone actually used it? Am I SOL?

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

listenman20

Reaction score
are you kidding? you've been on this forum since dec and have not seen one of the hundreds of topics about warranty claims?

OP
M

magnus

Reaction score
Wow! Helpful post.

I apologize if my ignorance offended you. I did not find too many instances of screen digitizer troubles using the search.

If anybody else has any more helpful input, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

mc_droid_guy

Reaction score
Hi,
I see this is an old post,but maybe this will help the next guy. I had a similar problem, when typing in portrait mode, the back space would print mmmm. It apears that the right 1/8 inch of my digitizer is dead. I just replaced the digitizer, and the problem persists. The only thing that I can't work around, is that I can't figure out how to answer calls, I end up calling everyone back. Looking at an S3 upgrade...

Wow! Helpful post.

I apologize if my ignorance offended you. I did not find too many instances of screen digitizer troubles using the search.

If anybody else has any more helpful input, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks