I thought my Droid was bricked this morning

Raeuber

Reaction score
Yeah, a software error makes most sense to me. So, what app do we all have in common that is causing this issue? :)

I can make that an easy answer, since I just got my phone I only have put two apps on it, task killer and missed call...... see if you guys have any of those two.

I never had task killer installed and never had missed call and it happened to me, so that's not it. The app I did installed the night before it happened, was a unit conversion app from the store (which I can't remember the name off, as I uninstalled it very quickly)

And BTW, if I want to call my phone a brick, I think I can still do so!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, a software error makes most sense to me. So, what app do we all have in common that is causing this issue? :)

I can make that an easy answer, since I just got my phone I only have put two apps on it, task killer and missed call...... see if you guys have any of those two.

I never had task killer installed and never had missed call and it happened to me, so that's not it. The app I did installed the night before it happened, was a unit conversion app from the store (which I can't remember the name off, as I uninstalled it very quickly)

And BTW, if I want to call my phone a brick, I think I can still do so!

I agree..it's just a word, and everyone knows what you mean (or meant) when you said it. People are too uptight about minor things.

DeathfireD

Reaction score

wil318466

Reaction score
Its definately a software issue. I always suspected it was some sort of loop that it gets "stuck" in, just like someone mentioned above. This has happened in every instance of Microsoft windows I've ever had, and it has felt exactly like that, and it would make sense.

This has happened to my phone about 3 times since the day I got it, which was the first day it was available. It has needed 3 battery pulls and it has rebooted twice, I believe.

Its probably just an OS issue that hasn't been fixed. The more "open" an OS is, the more things it has to do, which is why they can run into issues.

Its a pain, but its something that isn't a deal breaker for me.

-Wil

Raeuber

Reaction score
Do any of you happen to have Flight Director lite installed? It's a game. I ran into this same problem and posted on her yesterday in a diffrent thread. The problem just recently started so I listed out all the apps that I had installed in the past two weeks. You can find my thread and list of apps here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/18989-motorola-droid-dies.html

If we all have an app in common maybe we can narrow down the problem child :)

I went over to the other thread and no, I have none of the ones you list installed. The only thing I ever had installed was "Battery status free", which I uninstalled about 2 weeks ago because it was giving me problems when the SDcard was mounted. But my droid didn't go dark until this week.

bvann

Reaction score
bricked, dead, whatever

I am on my SECOND droid, and this time, removing the battery is doing nothing at all, so I'm on my way to verizon despite the snow. the only app i have installed that anyone else has mentioned is Missed Call, but I'mm thinking the issue is something else. No one at Verizon store has a clue..... I miss my Blackberry!!!!!:icon_evil:

OP
BavarianBuilt

BavarianBuilt

Reaction score
My phone hasn't done this since that morning. Since then the only changes I've made have been uninstalling Dolphin. A few main apps that I have installed are Home++, Advanced Task Killer, and ES File Explorer.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had this happen twice. It reminds me of the issues we had with severals users that used BB's. The entire OS hangs and will not resolve until the battery is pulled. My sense-- the problem is the OS and hopefully the next release will resolve.

Mike

Raeuber

Reaction score
I've had this happen twice. It reminds me of the issues we had with severals users that used BB's. The entire OS hangs and will not resolve until the battery is pulled. My sense-- the problem is the OS and hopefully the next release will resolve.

Mike

if what you say is true (and believe me, I am with you on that), wouldn't you think either Verizon or Goggle would have a clue about a problem?

Hmm.....Probably more Goggle than Verizon....

bvann

Reaction score
droid #3

at the Verizon store they were flummoxed! could not resuscitate poor droid, tried new battery, no luck. so now i have my THIRD droid. i'm afraid. :confused: