What is wrong with verizon techs?

infinity8x3

Reaction score
IMHO I think you may have cut off your nose despite your face.

A single dead/stuck pixel is not that big of a deal. It's actually by most hardware manufactures not a warranty claim. It's just a limitation of the technology. And 1 is acceptable to them.

I admit it is a mild annoyance. But these like new refurbs are kinda iffy. I say this because my girl went threw 4 refurbs until she got one that actually works. And guess what... It has a dead pixel in it. But there is no way in hell we are going to go threw that process again over a single dead pixel. So we learn to deal with it.

Good luck though.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMHO I think you may have cut off your nose despite your face.

A single dead/stuck pixel is not that big of a deal. It's actually by most hardware manufactures not a warranty claim. It's just a limitation of the technology. And 1 is acceptable to them.

I admit it is a mild annoyance. But these like new refurbs are kinda iffy. I say this because my girl went threw 4 refurbs until she got one that actually works. And guess what... It has a dead pixel in it. But there is no way in hell we are going to go threw that process again over a single dead pixel. So we learn to deal with it.

Good luck though.

In most things like bigger TVs and monitors yes, 1 dead pixel will not be a replaceable thing. Though on smaller units like this, from what i've seen even 1 dead pixel is more then enough for them to exchange the phone under the warranty.

m@tt

Reaction score
I try not to ask Verizon techs for nothing! All they do is read from a manual. Remember one time with an older phone I had to do a factory settings per tech, Wait how am I going to get my contacts back. Their answer you can pull them down for the web. "Wrong" I ended up figuring out away, but be careful what they tell you to do.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I try not to ask Verizon techs for nothing! All they do is read from a manual. Remember one time with an older phone I had to do a factory settings per tech, Wait how am I going to get my contacts back. Their answer you can pull them down for the web. "Wrong" I ended up figuring out away, but be careful what they tell you to do.

No that's the right answer because if you have your Droid set up all your contacts should be in gmail. That's your back up. So they do come from the web. Now how you went about it I don't know but in this case the tech was right.

To the point on Verizon techs they have many phones they have to know something about. We only concentrate on one, so naturally many of us know more about the Droid then a tech would.

ewells2420

Reaction score
huh ...... that sucks because I know when I had my BB storm it was having all sorts of OS issues, maybe even hardware because it would freeze up all the time. Anyway I had it for like 5 months or more and went to my local store.

I told the lady the issue, and she replaced it on the spot with a refurb. Maybe I just got lucky, or do they have different policies for different phones?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Early on -- still within my 30 days at the time, I brought my Droid in to be looked at because of quicker than usual battery drain. The tech looked at it and said "your battery's strong now". Well, duh! It was the next day and I'd just charged it.
It was at that point I decided that bringing it in to the store was pretty much useless.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

ryguy5254

Reaction score
Thanks for all the support guys. So silly me tried to go back to the store ONE more time because I was around the area. This time I told them about my faulty camera flash. I don't know if many of you had these problems but recently my camera has been acting up. when I take a picture with flash, half of it is black and grainy. For example, it's like I had my finger covering half of the flash but in actuality, my finger was no where near the camera or flash part. I explained this to them and even showed them pictures. They take it to the tech, theyre taking pictures and obviously seeing the horrid quality of the picture AND half of the picture not even showing up and they tell me it's because the flash is so bright, its reflecting off whatever i'm taking a picture of. OKAY REALLY?!?! This recently started and your telling me this is normal?!?! So, I tell them that they really need to step up on their customer service and that I'll just call the 1800 number.

guess what in 2 days i received my replacement phone. I should have just called the friggin number in the first place instead of dealing with these arseholes. :icon_evil:

sadly, the phone didnt come with an sd card like the guy in the first reply said. but WHEEEE a like-new replacement, AND they reported the people who gave me a hard time. the manager is supposed to call me soon. I hope they hear a mouthful and possibly fire them.

I went to the verizon techs when I had a small problem with my Droid. I just showed them the phone, they checked it out and they sent for a new phone, I got in after a day and a half.

I think most of your problem is user error and your attitude. Problem is you're trying to diagnose something you have no idea what it is and you're telling people how to do their jobs. You also have the weird sense that everybody is perfect in the world and you tower over the rest, and everybody should wait on you. For all we know, you dropped your phone and is just looking for a replacement one.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Hate those *******!!

pretty broad usage of that word there. There are stupid people everywhere... and I do mean everywhere. In store people might not know as much specifics of the phone. Calling tech support usually has you transfered depending on type of phone. I think android was it's own option or it was android/smartphones other than blackberry?

anyways, point is there are a lot of phones and as was stated sometimes you get good tech sometimes you get bad. I've always had good experiences with them. Helps to be polite and talk a little and don't, become confrontational or raise your voice, it doesn't help, it's not that persons fault issues occur with phones. My dad yells at phone support people sometimes and then when I call it seems to get fixed much faster. Not that the OP did that, just in general people seem to despise tech support, but if you treat them nicely you tend to get what you needed.

I also have to agree with one of the first replies in regards that 1 bad pixel is not cause for replacement or warranty claims. Though as another posted, usually that's for normal desktop lcd's and tv's. Not sure what the guidelines are for smartphone screens. Probably depends on the person you talk to and how you explain the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

texasPI

Reaction score
I've had the same issue with so called VZW techs. I had my original Droid replaced and the refurb I got had a wonky prox. sensor. I went into the store and demonstrated it to her (tech) but of course it worked fine. So I told her that the overhead lights right above the counter were making it work when it normally wouldn't. She told me she didn't see what the lights overhead had to do with the prox. sensor.

I walked her over to the waiting area of the store and showed her how the screen would not come on with ambient light. Swapped me out but she installed task killer on my phone and some other apps. That pissed me off and she spoke to me with a know it all attitude that I didn't know better and that ATK would be good for me. Pissed me off so I raised a stink with the manager about the apps and asked how could the employee grant these apps permission to my phone and data on my behalf without asking.

Bottom line is that her attitude set the tone for our whole interaction. She should have treated me with respect and did not.

ricks

Reaction score
I would never accept a dead pixel. If it aint perfect, its going back.

Last edited:

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
Why should it matter if its past the 30 days? There is still the 1 year warranty

Correct, 30 day thing is only if you decide NOT to keep your phone, more or less a trial period. VZW is required to fix/replace a phone within the first year, after that it will be a insurance claim.